Long time no do ship. Pelicun USP & Bear Rim Fleets

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

D00D!
Commander
Commander

Long time no do ship. Pelicun USP & Bear Rim Fleets

Post by D00D! »

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, too busy with A-Levels and stuff.

But I've been playing around with BSF trying to come up with new weapons/refine transforming so I haven't focus too much on aesthetics.
Most of it is just remakes from way back when I made the R&S fleet but fitted with BIGGAR turrets and such.

Oh yeah, forgot the most important bit:
The two fleets uses Kael's Mech SW parts and Vern's SW parts. Place them all in your custom sprites folder.

Without further ado:
'Selene' Pelicun USP Light Explorer'
Spoiler!

Description: In the aftermath of the 2nd Galactic Civil War, the Pelicuns quickly find themselves in a position of power as the leading member of the US security council. Tasked with keeping the peace over numerous conflict zones, the Pelicuns redesigned their reliable 'Luna' into the much more independent 'Selene' which are capable of dealing with most pirate and anarchist threat.

Design:
It's design is simple but highly effective. Being fast and maneuverable, it makes up for its lack of firepower by being able to evade most projectiles and weaponry. Like all Pelicun ships, its weaponry is diverse and includes a pair of strip down version of the Crusier-class Lasher, heavy Vortex guns to provide cover fire across a large area and a Darkmatter Mine dispenser that doubles as a bombing unit. All in all a well balanced ship with emphasis on skill of the pilot to attain its potential.

BURST MODE ENGAGED
*TOP SECRET THETA LEVEL ACCESS AND ABOVE ONLY * The 'Selene' has an alternate 'Burst' function toggled by (,) . In 'Burst' mode, the ship deploys it's LDM reactors in order to power a miniature Lightmatter Lancer effective against much larger targets. However, the reactors are vulnerable and it is strictly against USP protocol to deploy this mode in the presence of other race's military unless a captain with Theta level access is there to authorize it.

Author's comment: I made this one way back so its colors are a bit lighter than the rest. Quite easy to make really since I traced it from the old Luna model. The burst mode was a headache though but I'm glad I got some practice out of it.
'Astraeus' Pelicun USP Corvette
Spoiler!

Description: A relatively radical departure from Pelicun ship design philosophy, the 'Astraeus' fills the gap between fighters and cruiser class ships. With numerous light engines adorning it's hull, this Pelicun ship is highly maneuverable relative to ships of its size. It lacks much weaponry instead relying on chasing down smaller opponents and overwhelming them. Weaponry include 4 light Lashers, a pair of nose mounted Neutrino Drivers, 4 rapid mine dispensers and an integrated Twin Linear DarkMatter Cannon.

Author's comments: I made this ship yesterday (I'm serious) because I thought it's shape would be real cool. Alas though, I could not translate my 'Burst mode' into ship quickly enough before I forget about it so this ship has no special ability.
'Oceanus' Pelicun USP Science Cruiser
Spoiler!
Description: Offically, this cruiser represents the cutting edge of Pelicun tech. Unofficially, this cruiser represents the cutting edge of Pelicun Weaponry Tech. Armed with a prototype LGL cannon, a quad barrel array of Muon Point defense, twin Heavy Vortex cannons and a massive Omnigravitric impender, the 'Oceanus' is a terrifying testament to Pelicun technological superiority.

LGL Cannon in action
Author's comments: I finally to get my Gatling custom technique to work and it's beautiful. I'm still trying it out on different weapons so this is just the beginning!

*TOP SECRET OMICRON ACCESS AND ABOVE ONLY*
As many of you it have observed by now, the Oceanus provide state of the art battle relay with a movable bridge to ensure maximum coordination between Pelicun USP forces. That's a lie.

The true purpose of the cruiser is only to serve as a platform for the largest Lightmatter weaponry ever developed and under no circumstances should it ever be deployed out side of restricted access space. However, as this weapon is strictly forbidden under the US security pact, Admirals above Omicron Access have permission to use such weaponry to eliminate witnesses.

Author's comment: Ha Ha! I built the cruiser with a massive cannon in mind because I was testing an organic weapon concept in mind. It did not work out quite what I expected but it's still fun to blast around with it!
'Pallas' War Machine
Spoiler!

*TOP SECRET GAMMA ACCESS ONLY*
Description: Even after all the 7 major races agree to isolate their military development, the Pelicuns have not forgotten the devastating reality of the need for a military force. Although at first appearing to disarm their 'Mars' Fleet in favor of a more conventional one, the truth is that the Pelicuns have been tirelessly redesigning and upgrading them to the current 'Pallas' design. Incorporating new weapons such as the LGL and neutrino weaponry as well as state of the art armor, the 'Pallas' crushes lesser ships with impunity. The 4 main batteries are an advance GreyMatter Penetrator Canon, designed especially against heavily armored capital ships and to prevent collateral damage. The GreyMatter projectile flip-flops between dark and light states, harmlessly bypassing thin layers of armor and detonating once it reacts with six units of armor.

Author's comments: Oh man this was a nightmare to make. At first it seems easy to translate the 'Mars' But the bigger ship presents far more problems than I thought, hitting the data cap, sparse number of turrets available and all that. It's not as good as I hope but I more concerned with it's anti-capital weaponry.

Size comparison for those interested:
'Epimethius' Pelicun Mobile Darkmatter Disposal
Spoiler!
Description: A common civilian freighter in the employ of the USP to clean up darkmatter vortexes, it is sturdy but defenseless against a determined attack. In an emergency, it can release its payload while it escapes.

Author's comments: Afterthought. Need a place to test 'Hornet nest' idea.
Size Comparison:
Spoiler!
Attachments
Bear Rim Fleet.rar
Fleet Pack. Ships below
(66.66 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
Pelicun USP.rar
Fleet pack. Non-USP version of Oceanus is an alt color scheme (May not be balanced)
(100.7 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
Last edited by D00D! on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Re: Long time no do ship. Pelicun USP & Bear Rim Fleets

Post by D00D! »

Bear Rim Fleet:

Oh this one is fun! I've been testing a transforming concept and while not perfect, is great fun to work with.

Overall I'm aiming for a 'skeleton' look but my head was spinning with trying to chase down the rough parts.

Here we go then!

Rim Fighter:
Spoiler!
A mysterious ship sighted along the outer rims. It appears to be hostile and is appearance signify a major conflict will be occurring in the area.

WARNING DO NOT ENGAGE THE SHIP
The Ship has been known to transform into some form of battle mode, spontaneously sprouting and fabricating mass and engaging with extreme hostility. In the few engages available, all fighters were destroyed without any of these ships being shot down. Review records show some form of impossible weaponry ranging from mono-dimensional projectiles, Matterfication beams and instant explosion generators.

Author's comments: Hoo this ship is fun to make. I had a dozen different weapon ideas lined up for it once I nailed the transformation but only a few made it in. (Go take this ship for a spin!). The Space pong defense didn't work out well but I'll see what else I can come up with.
Rim Cruiser:
Spoiler!
Description: A massive monolith floating in the outer rims of the galaxy. Reported to plant itself in the crust of the planet and remain there for an indeterminate amount of time.

WARNING DO NOT EN-

This is an emergency broadcast from Professor Cruth Ao. We have stumbled upon the ruins of what appears to be a developing civilization and an active monolith! It transformed a minute ago and seems to be digging its way to the planet's core. Transmitting footage now!

This is unbelievable! The monolith, no cruiser, has broken through the planet! We sent a squad of recon drones but they were all eliminated by some sort of hyper-dense mass materializing inside them. We will be observing it for now.. Wait a sec, the cruiser has stopped! I think it spotted us! Hit the burners pilot! It shouldn't be able to catc- *Message ends*

Author's note:
GIANT ROTATING LASER MAW OF DOOM! That said, this ship went through a lot of iterations to get to here today, mostly because working under a giant rectangle is extremely difficult to get to transform.
Last edited by D00D! on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The Selene and the Oceanus are both very nice, with very nicely choreographed and very smooth transformations. They're fairly decently constructed, the flow together well, more or less. S'all nice. S'all good.

The Pallas is a chunky horrible piece of ass and you should kick yourself in the god damn face for stretching sections so excessively. What the hell were you thinking? That is not good at all. Not even slightly or a little bit. Bad D00D! Bad!

EDIT: The Pallas also fails to load in-game. Loads in Shipmaker, does not load in BSF. At all. Period.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Anna wrote:The Selene and the Oceanus are both very nice, with very nicely choreographed and very smooth transformations. They're fairly decently constructed, the flow together well, more or less. S'all nice. S'all good.

The Pallas is a chunky horrible piece of ass and you should kick yourself in the god damn face for stretching sections so excessively. What the hell were you thinking? That is not good at all. Not even slightly or a little bit. Bad D00D! Bad!
Hit the data cap, ship was still too small.

Needed to minimize part section usage to use it :(
Currently working on:

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Combine sections to avoid data cap. Do not excessively stretch sections. :<
Though I guess combining sections kinda make transforming...hard.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

The transforming ships are nice. The Rim cruiser's black bits seem too dark, and it's rather cluttered, especially at the front. The bright things shooting out halfway during the sequence are really distracting.
Otherwise, these look great.
Anna

Post by Anna »

The Rim Fighter is just... I... I had so much fun playing with that baby on my dad's laptop earlier (which is capable of running BSF at decent speeds, unlike the shitty PC I'm using atm), the way it transforms is just so beautiful. Seriously, fucking epic. The Rim Cruiser is nice, but it has some issues. There's a section out of bounds somewhere, so the ship has a goddamn massive selection circle and it's kinda wonky.

The unfolding spinning laser is fucking awesome and I fully intend to steal it. :lol: Sorry.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Bear rim fleet seriously fucking epic just epic, one problemmo though the cruiser won't load as an ai controlled ship but its not really that important

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Anna

Post by Anna »

In case how much I love these ships is underestimated, allow me to share this:
<Anna> Starstruck, have you downloaded and messed around with D00D's new ships?
<STARSTRUCK> Nope
<Anna> If you haven't, you really, really should.
<STARSTRUCK> Anything about them?
<Anna> Oh man.
<Anna> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5289
<Anna> Just... just look.
<Anna> The Rim Fighter and the Selene are my favourites, really, but all the animated ships have some nice features.
<STARSTRUCK> Dat cannon
<STARSTRUCK> dem transformations
<Anna> It's OFF DA HOOK YO.
<Anna> D00D!'s new ships have been the highlight of my day, really.
<Anna> They were the one bright beacon of hope amoung a sea of piss and excrement.
<Anna> The Selene and the Rim Fighter are my favourites, because they're small and sleak and stylish. The bigger D00D's ships get, the more bloated and horrible they become.
<Anna> Oh man.
<Anna> The spinny lasers on the Rim Cruiser are fucking awesome though.
<Anna> At the front it's got lasers, that when they start firing, spread out in a circle, and then the circle SPINS while they're all firing.
<Anna> So they're all spinning in a circle while firing straight ahead.
<Anna> It's great.
I think everyone. Everyone should download these ships, and play with them in the sandbox. They are master-crafted pieces of fucking art. D00D! just came along and bitch-slapped everyone into submission. No one to date has done better animated ships.

Fuck me dead, these things are beautiful.
Quality Control Enforcer
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i completely agree seraph, D00D you have just blown my whole idea of a nice looking ship out of the water and replaced it with these wonderful fun transforming ships of beauty i dare not post any of my ships ever again as they are completley outclassed by all of these.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll16 ... nsform.gif
Holy Crap! :shock:

Dood!,those are some seriously awesome transformers.
I've GOT to try these out.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Just spotted something, apparently I bundled in the Rim Cruiser I was playing around with before I scrapped it. It has now been renamed to the Rim Cruiser Prototype to prevent confusion.
Currently working on:

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i must ask you what is your construction technique? do you make the basic shape of the ship you want to build and then add in the transforming sections step by step, or do you make the fully transformed ship and then work out how it all folds into place?

D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Preacher wrote:i must ask you what is your construction technique? do you make the basic shape of the ship you want to build and then add in the transforming sections step by step, or do you make the fully transformed ship and then work out how it all folds into place?
In the past I used to make the fully transformed ship first then compact them but it didn't work out too well.

Okay first, I have to draw out the transformed and original state in order to have some guidance.
The original state would then be the 'Shell' of the ship, it's what every other part that is being transformed would hide under. Since they are at the very top of the depth levels, they would always be present on the transformed ship so I mark out where these parts will be.

Now I have to do alot of planning before I start making them transform or (I'm coining this term her) Layered transforming. Basically, having watch Transformers, I realized that the fluid transformation is from a sequence of small parts transforming to form the illusion of a big part transforming. In other words, after part A moves to one spot, part B will begin to move to another, triggering part C and so on. Deciding which the sequence of transformation is what makes it fluid.

Take the Rim fighter for example; Stage 1 would be the 'Shell' rotating. Stage 2, the 'Shell' moves revealing the white bits. Stage 3 the white bits extend and unfold into the shape of a weapon. (Actually its very simplified, most of the kibble are moving around by stage 2 and other kibbles are triggered to move after their parent reaches their target)

So in conclusion, I suppose my technique is first to build the original 'Shell' first, then move them about to form the shape of the transformed ship then filling in the gaps with the actually transforming bits.
Currently working on:

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

I see kind of, well i completely grasp what your saying just wondering how hard that would be to implement. any how im off to have a go thanks for sharing and seriously man im inspired by these.