Yeah don't kill yourselves, I'm back

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Yeah don't kill yourselves, I'm back

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Yes I am back, And with new ships for you to kill :P

Beetle like cruiser.

Fighter.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Yeah don't kill yourselves, I'm back

Post by Squishy »

Why does it have to be so dark?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Presumably to hide all the ugly. It doesn't really work, though. This ships are really, really, not very good at all. I could list all the reasons, but it would take far too much effort that I just can't be bothered expending, because I just woke up.

Here's a point though: Why would a fighter be almost the same goddamn size as a cruiser?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I suggest not using that section pack exclusively. It lacks detail. It's ugly. It was a massive brainfart on Kaelis' side IMO. It could complement a good ship if positioned carefully, but otherwise, don't use it.
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

Differently from other, I like the cruiser.

They a simple but "effective".
I don't think this chose of colour is bad, it was not "eyesburning" or too dark to be seen.

For me, you can continue in the way of the cruiser.

(P.S. The other are too habituate to the created by "elite" ship to appreciate simple things ^^)
Beware! I have a Pinkie Pie launcher!
(When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.)
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

GATC wrote:Differently from other, I like the cruiser.
"Unlike some other people, I like the cruiser."

Learn better English or don't post.
They a simple but "effective".
"They are simple but effective."

And you may mean "defective", because all they're effective at portraying is dark blandness. Also, there was no need to surround "effective" with quotation marks.
I don't think this chose of colour is bad, it was not "eyesburning" or too dark to be seen.
The colours ARE far too dark, unless you have your gamma settings way too high. The purple bits are fine, but the other bits are so dark it hides all detail and makes it look like a flat blob.
(P.S. The other are too habituate to the created by "elite" ship to appreciate simple things ^^)
This sentence, in English, makes no sense. I literally can't even begin to decipher what the fuck you're trying to say here, but whatever it is you're trying to say, I have no doubt it's fucking stupid.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
The colours ARE far too dark, unless you have your gamma settings way too high.
And if your gamma settings are too high, then you really should consider turning them down. Having them up too far is bad for your eyes.

Anna wrote:
This sentence, in English, makes no sense. I literally can't even begin to decipher what the fuck you're trying to say here, but whatever it is you're trying to say, I have no doubt it's fucking stupid.
I think what he really means is that everyone here with anything vaguely regarding taste in good shipbuilding/design is too used to seeing ships that look good to appreciate these things.

I fail to see how these could be appreciated though, 'cause GNR2 sections are a pile of bland ass and these are just near-black blobs with fairly messy sectionwork.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Anna wrote:but the other bits are so dark it hides all detail
It hides the lack of detail, you should be saying

And yes, these ships are terrible. Since most of the sections are so dark, therefore they are bland. And if they are bland, then they are boring. Boring ship = bad ship

You probaly should make the ships brighter, like Squishy said, and/or use more detailed sections, like Starstruck said. If you can't do either, at least add some doodads to the dark areas, and try to make it look interesting
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

I was told last time I was here to use shipwright parts, Instead of the original parts.

And okay I will make it lighter, but I am keeping the purple and gray.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Zoid Crusader wrote:I was told last time I was here to use shipwright parts, Instead of the original parts.

And okay I will make it lighter, but I am keeping the purple and gray.
Just using shipwright parts - particularly those sections - isn't enough to make your ship good by itself. You still have to design them properly, and you can't get away with hiding design flaws under flat, dark colours.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

For the good of mankind,

Or whatever.

I think the first one has some potential, but needs work.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

The Prophets of Salril called. They want their shipyard back.

In all seriousness, I like the color scheme. Reminds me of Salrillian ships from Ares. (Their fighters were black and tiny, so they share the same color issues. I'm used to it.)
Keep it up, and I look forward to seeing more of these!
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Tone down on the kae-gnr-sw usage and use more detailed sprites like kae-robo and kae-mechasw to have well...some details!

I'm also an anti-fan of sections not rotated at even intervals of 90 degrees. Seeing something with sections rotated willy-nilly with no sense of direction makes me puke. Just me though.