First ship.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HighTomTitty
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

First ship.

Post by HighTomTitty »

First serious ship. I know it needs to be colored, criticism please?

Version 2 with weapons;

Better or worse?
Last edited by HighTomTitty on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Aries Greymon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: First ship.

Post by Lord Aries Greymon »

Overall nice design, though the neck connecting the head to the body could be made a bit thicker.
The engines could use some slight bulking up as well, though I think that might me my preference more than anything else.
Mildly sane.
lionm12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by lionm12 »

Your first one is not that good theres no shading and the front of the ship doesn't go whit the rest of the ship .
The second one is much better realy much better then the first one ,yet again no shading whit your second ship.

I think stick whit the second one,its better (for me).

Anna Mod Edit: Removed obnoxious bold colouring. There is no reason to make your entire post red and bold. Bolding and colouring of text should be used for emphasis or to add flavour to specific portions of a post. Just making your whole post red and bold is unnecessary. Also, make your sig less obnoxious.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

If the second picture is a demonstration of your progress, then you're not doing bad at all. Some tips:
  1. Use shading to add depth. This would definitely improve your ship, I think. Right now it looks very messy and flat because all the sections are the same colour. Use darker shades for sections that are lower, and lighter shades for sections that are higher. This will also prevent your weapons from being indistinguishable from the hull itself.
  2. Add some colours. Not bright, obnoxious colours, though. On grey ships like this, it's best to use faded-looking sections for colour. Brightly coloured doodads can work well too, however.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.