Annoying Guy Doing Ships Again

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Annoying Guy Doing Ships Again

Post by Silverware »

Yeah I'm making ships again. Gah don't know how I managed to make these as large as I did,my ships are normally tiny.

The "Azure" Class Frigate, uses a HEL and three Autocannons, with a light Power Core, and a Light and two Ultra-Light Engines.

The "Cyan" Class Frigate, same as the "Azure" just with the HEL swapped out for two Vulcans and Five more Autocannons.

CnC requested, I want to know what people think of these, they are basically an extension of the ships I posted way back HERE
Attachments
RTN-Az-Cy.rar
Royal Tellurian Nazy
Frigates 'Azure' and 'Cyan'

By Silverware
Metagame 2 v0.23 Compliant
(17.46 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Re: Annoying Guy Doing Ships Again

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Nothing really eye-catching, perhaps I have a disposition against those sprites you've used on the front and back (just... gah. They're so weird :|). The two triangular gnr_sw pieces beside the core seem to cut up the curves that start from the rear and front of the ship. The front probe seems like a last-minute addition, flip it horizontally?
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

You're not annoying, I'm annoying. :D
Anyhow, you've got too much contrast between the light and dark gray sections. It's not eyeburnish but it doesn't look attractive either. The front Kae_sml section also looks like it was super-glued on and could fall off any minute.
I'd suggest using some of TSA's uraki sections to add some little details to spice up your ship.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

As noted by the above two posters, that thing you stuck in the front for asymmetry would probably be better off flipped or removed.
TBH I can't really see the difference between the two. Am I supposed to be able to?
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

it takes ninja skills to see the differences (i know what they are)

to be frank these ships are pretty boring. the shape is slightly interesting but nothing to shout about, and the usage of sprites isn't really interesting and they look pretty much stuck together, especially with the front sections. perhaps some more depthing would help and make some contrast for the extra detailing sections (if that's what they are) on top of the flat bits, i only just noticed on close inspection that they exist!
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

The actual differences are in weapon systems, since they are made for the current revision of the Metagame 2 construction standards. So there should be very little noticeable difference.

In regards to the sensor thing hanging off the front, I agree it does look tacked on, And I'll be looking for a better place to have it, I don't want it mirrored as its supposed to be part of the communications systems, however it does nothing in real terms.

In regards to the TSA's Uraki sections, I don't believe they fit the style I've envisioned these things to have, however I will take a deeper look into them for my next ship(s), as they may well prove to work better than the current curved section at the rear and front.

Thanks for the criticism, hopefully my next ships will be more interesting. =P
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The weapons should be made a little more obvious, I think. The tiny turrets don't really give a good indication of it's armaments/capabilities, and could lead to exploitation of hitbox sizes.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Try to make it bigger. I think it will look awesome. (Huge lies your eyes.)

The idea of placing two main section groups and the gaps you make in the middle are modern I think. Also, try to keep its cruve shape.