I'll be uploading my ships here.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

I'll be uploading my ships here.

Post by Tomas1297 »

My first ship.

Edit:Finished my second ship.Now known as the Prophet Class Frigate.

<Old demos used to be here>

I recolored my custom biomass sections now.Better?
Last edited by Tomas1297 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Re: I'll be uploading my ships here.

Post by Preacher »

not bad i like the shape of the second ship and the colours aren't too offensive however you do need to get hold of some weapon sprites, i reccommend Horse monsters realistic as a start, also the second ship either needs other colours to break up that mass of brown or some doodads or something to spice it up a bit. not a bad start you just need to learn to depth and add detail, welcome to the forums.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The first ship... meh, you've only used one of the SWA styled versions of the stock sections, which lack detail, and you didn't use the SWA style turrets to bot, which kinda messes up the ship

The seccond ship... is a lot better. The sections flow really nicely in some areas, and you've used a wider variety of sprites, which is good. Things to improve on are making the sections brighter, and also adding different shades to each section. You should also fill the areas where it looks like there are gaps in the ship's hull, and you cold also try to cut out any sectons that jut out at weird angles
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tomas1297 »

I haven't updated the second ship since posting the picture so,yeah I'll improve the coloring,add details and (try to) find some weapon sprites.Thanks a lot guys.

PS:The first ship was made before looking at other players ships,so yeah.I'll just leave it to rot and make my other ships more like the second one.
Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tomas1297 »

I edited the OP.Ship 2 now has better coloring.
Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tomas1297 »

OP updated.Ship finished.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Please don't multi-post, or or make several posts in succession, the mods will become annoyed at you. Use the edit feature to add stuff onto an exsisting post

Onto that last ship... the shading is kinda weird, because usually you'd make the sections near the centre the lightest, and then they get darker as they get further away from the centre
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tomas1297 »

Coming soon-ish:

Don't criticize the ship.Criticize the sections.The ship is just a demo.

Edit:Btw It's a royal pain in the ass.Converting one section takes ~15 minutes.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I can't think of a criticism harsh enough for those sections, truth be told. :? What the hell are they meant to be? Blurry multicoloured chunks of reactive vomit armor? What?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tomas1297 »

Anna wrote:What the hell are they meant to be? Blurry multicoloured chunks of reactive vomit armor? What?
Biomass.Like the Zerg of Starcraft,but not exactly.I guess you could call it that.

Anna wrote:I can't think of a criticism harsh enough for those sections, truth be told.
YOU can't think of criticism that's harsh enough? *hides* Well,give it your best shot,then.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Tomas1297 wrote:Biomass.Like the Zerg of Starcraft,but not exactly.I guess you could call it that.
I see. Well, they look a bit too blurry and multicoloured to be biomass, really, but I suppose it could possibly work. You might want to give credit for and/or ask permission to basically just colourise and alter other people's sections. Just altering other's sections without permission or giving credit is frowned upon.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Tomas1297
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tomas1297 »

Anna wrote:
Tomas1297 wrote:Biomass.Like the Zerg of Starcraft,but not exactly.I guess you could call it that.
I see. Well, they look a bit too blurry and multicoloured to be biomass, really, but I suppose it could possibly work. You might want to give credit for and/or ask permission to basically just colourise and alter other people's sections. Just altering other's sections without permission or giving credit is frowned upon.
Well,the sprites come with the game,I just filled in the outlines and added details,so I don't see why not,but I will give credit.

I will start everything again from scratch and try to color the sprites differently.Truth be said I am used to spriting much smaller things and I'm still getting used to shading bigger sprites,explaining the blurriness.The colors are weird because I haven't played starcraft (it being my prime example of biomass) for maybe 8 years and all the other alien/whatever biomass using races usually have too much chitin and alpha colors for what I am aiming for.

Thanks.

Edit:Screw that,now I want a chitin and teeth based rather than intestines and goo based living ships. :P

Edit:Or not.I'll just recolor these.

Edit:OP updated with recolored sections.