My first ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

skygunner58201
Ensign
Ensign

My first ship

Post by skygunner58201 »

Well here it is....threw this one together and had it go toe to toe with a nagaya3. It won....but not before half of it was blown to pieces. Even then...it required me to keep moving it around manually.

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: My first ship

Post by Anna »

:shock:

Oh no! I'm happy to welcome you to our lovely community, but this is just no good at all! Tsk tsk! I know everyone's eager to show off their first ship, but really, what would make you think this would be well recieved? It's such a cluttery jumble of random stock sections in a very generic shape, with poor mirroring and guns slapped all over! No no, this won't do at all!

PinkFlowerPrincess strongly recommends you look through the forums for inspiration, so you can see what sort of things can be done, and practice at shipbuilding until you make something you feel really proud of! Then we'd all be utterly delighted to offer pointers to help you improve, because we're a helpful community here. :)

So, welcome to Wyrdysm, please take a look around and enjoy our hospitality!

Laters! o/`
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

:shock: In other news...Dogs and cats started playing together, the flow of gravity reversed, and there now really is cake...
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Nothing quite of interest here, but there's some errors you can fix to make the ship more presentable.

There seems to be some overlapping on the central sprites. If this is unintentional, you can manually set the sprite location to y=0, and prevent having another sprite slightly off it. As for the battle results, we here at Wyrd have more appreciation for aesthetics, rather than firepower :wink: .

If you prefer the stock style sprites over the current Shipwrighted sprites, poke around the earlier HS threads and the ship archive; there's alot of good ideas to start from and improve upon.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

There's also a mirroring error on the ship, see how in the middle a section is overlapping another, while on the other side that section isn't? You need to change the Y-coordinates of all sections that lie in the exact middle of the ship to 0, that way it won't make an unnecessary copy of itself

Also, you don't need that much weapons, a single pimped-up weapon is just as effective as a whole bunch of unmodded ones
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

First get rid of the weaponspam. As is i can hardly see anything on your ship. On a side note try going to this topic. viewtopic.php?t=4472 That should help you get started.
masterjamie9
Ensign
Ensign

Post by masterjamie9 »

aah too much weapon spam! too much weapon spam!
Get rid of the weapons and make a picture then.
Then we can see the ship :/

If this is your first ship ever made (not your first ship posted) then you learned making ships quickly.
Now u have to learn how to make ships good. :wink:
Whats better? An unhittable Fighter or an undestroyable Destroyer?
arbiterxxxxxxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Singapore, Earth, Milky way galaxy, Galactic Empire

Post by arbiterxxxxxxx »

try not to let your weapon overlap one another, it looks messy. Also, avoid too many of the same type of weapon, so there is less repetition
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Basically, one of the biggest things to remember is that poorly done weapons are UGLY. Because of all the layering/ color weapons stuff, you can build weapons into ships quite nicely now, making them part of the actual ship's aesthetics as opposed to sticking out (as these do).

With that said, the actual shape itself isn't that hot either, but... well... yeah.