Bien Experiments with Glows!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Bien Experiments with Glows!

Post by bien4500 »

Right. Nothing much to say, except that I got bored and began building ships again. So anyway, here's me fraking around with glows on a probably uncalibrated :roll: monitor.

BB Manila Bay

There's a fading glow in the central section, dunno how to make a GIF...
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Re: Bien Experiments with Glows!

Post by CheesyErwin »

The section style is extremely inconsistent to me... Perhaps you should just use 2-3 sets of sections.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

All of the non-dst sprites are looking really plain, basically because the dst sprites have got so much detail on them. The glows are okay, but they are also looking rather plain, a lot more could've been done with them. I like that spherical glowly doodad in the middle though, it compliments the dst sprites
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

So then, what would look better? DST+Uraki+Revamped Stock? And how would I best go about executing a makeover of the current ship?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Don't use DST.
Use DST_SWNC if you plan on combining it with anything else.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

You've combined like several different styles of sectionwork here on a single ship. Hot damn, it looks like you've even done outlining in a couple of places. It does not, of course, sit very well with DST sections and whatnot. As has been expounded before, the main thing it's lacking is consistency.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Hiya! ^_^

PinkFlowerPrincess thinks you should avoid using such outdated methods as the outlining technique, especially if you're going to use them so poorly! I also think you should try to limit yourself to just SWA style sections until you get the hang of them, preferably those designed by Kaelis, as they tend to blend nicely. Once you've gotten used to that, then I would recommend experimenting with DST and Uraki sections!

Finally, don't ever try blending DST-ori sections with SWA style sections unless you have a clear plan in mind! It just looks horrible!

But don't give up, keep going! I believe in you!

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.