The Battlestar Gallactica

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

theguineapiguy
Ensign
Ensign

The Battlestar Gallactica

Post by theguineapiguy »

This The Battlestar Gallactica, from the show of the same name. I'de seen a few of the episodes so i looked up a schematic of it online, and what it's weapons looked like when they fired. The actual ship has hundreds of weapons and could fire several dozen times the ships lenth with its cannons, so i had to scale those down. It's the most detailed ship I've made, so I though I should post it to see what you guys think.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... reen09.jpg

The Gallactica is brimming with weapons including...
-32 double turrets for long range engagements, making a total of 64 turrets firing explosive shells.
-18 machine guns to whither away at close range targets
-4 missile tubes carrying high yeild nuclear payloads
-10 point defense turrets
-6 flak guns

For anyone intrested in trying it out, i've attached this.
Battle Star Gallactica.shp
(39.25 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Attachments
Battle Star Gallactica.sb4
(47.3 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: The Battlestar Gallactica

Post by Anna »

A few tips:
Lurk more.
Lurk some more.
Actually read shit on the forum while lurking.

Ships of such quality haven't been considered good for... well, years. Honestly, Raul created a vastly superior Battlestar almost two years ago, I believe, and that was before we had all the fun new toys to play with like custom sections, which you appear to have avoided using entirely. And goddamn... if I never, ever see the Stock 22 section again, it will still be too goddamn soon. Why in heaven do some people seem to think that layering that nasty, bricky section all over the place is a good idea? Ugh.

Suffice to say, no, this ship is not very good, not by the current standards. If you wanted it judged by its balancing and armament instead of its appearance, you're undoubtedly going to be disappointed.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Try something like what Raul did in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4948

If you must insist with oldschool sections, ArcaneDude has made one here at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3746

Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

lol my battlestars got more mention out of my thread than in it :lol: Actually that old one from the beauty pagent was made mostly of stock 3s so i can't say much. i see you at least had the shape in your head which is good, but even if you were to swap out half those 22s for other sections, it would be an improvement. Best advice is to find a picture of a battlestar you like and try to copy the details along the hull so its not just random bricks. Wolf's shipyard has excellent ones, and thats what I did for the ship Squishy posted, but be sure to give credit if you copy too closely. Not sure how helpful it is since they weren't very popular but i found its really easy to build battlestars smaller, like almost stock size. Hope that helps and that you try again with better results!