My GF made a ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Preacher
Captain
Captain

My GF made a ship

Post by Preacher »

My girlfriend got so fed up with me always being on shipmaker that she decided to have a crack at it, unfortunately she has little or no interest in ships and so made a butterfly, she insisted that i put it on the forum to see what you all thought.

Be gentle.

P.S. I didn't know whether this was in breach of the rules, I read them but there was nothing covering something like this I hope this is an appropriate forum to put it in.
Attachments
Butterfly as made by Boo.
Butterfly as made by Boo.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Ryen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: My GF made a ship

Post by Ryen »

Well...
A smaller tail maybe?
And a longer, curly antennae.

PS: Space Creature was a good point.
PS2: You can ask your girlfriend to place some biological weapon on it for Self-Defence. :D
PS3: Ignore what I've said above if you don't like it. :P
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Well it resembles a space butterfly, and that's not too shabby for a first timer.

Good colours, close to that of the monarch butterfly.

Sadly, there is repetition, but i suppose there is no other section that will correctly get that scale shape.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Tell your GF to make the front wings bigger, or the back ones smaller. Also use some more bright, vibrant colours, because quite frankly, the ones she is currently using are rather bland

Also, where is the animated .gif that shows the life cycles of butterflies? :P
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Try to use some other sections for making the wings I guess.

Jesus Christ am I the only female around that actually cares about shipmaking?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

thanks for your comments she was very pleased she has also made a lizard so i shall put that up here, i don't think she has any interest in spaceships (sorry lizzie) but i did manage to make a ship out of this so maybe all of her hard work isn't for a lost cause.
Attachments
LIZARD :)
LIZARD :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Again, extreme repetition, but not bad. She's probably not looking for criticism anyways.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.