BF vs GSB

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

Re: BF vs GSB

Post by th15 »

I thought GSB did dynamic damage textures that were applied on top of the ship sprite?
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Rodgun wrote:Right, and perhaps cut the undamaged ship sprite into tiny pieces and place those small sections over the damaged area. Therefore, when those sections get destroyed, only that part's damage will be shown.
Congratulations on not paying attention - this is what's being done already.
th15 wrote:I thought GSB did dynamic damage textures that were applied on top of the ship sprite?
If it did, why have a _damaged variant of every ship hull in it's folders, like the one Aidan attached there? Given the number of ships in the game, it adds a decent amount to the filesize.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

How did you found this image?
I'm interested.
Beware! I have a Pinkie Pie launcher!
(When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

...\Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\ships\...

There are .dds plugins for GIMP floating around, not too hard to find one and install it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Arcalane wrote:Congratulations on not paying attention - this is what's being done already.
No, no, I mean getting the completely damaged ship sprite like the one AidanAdv posted(meaning the one from GSB itself), then getting the undamaged version, cut it up, and patch up the damaged parts. Basically the same thing that was done originally, but with the original game sprites instead.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I believe that was what we were Aidan was already proposing, so I suppose my comment still applies.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ