NOVA class ships: Dat viymese

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

NOVA class ships: Dat viymese

Post by Dat Viymese »

I am new at this but i think i might have over powered my first ship i didn't touch the base Weapon stats but i don't think i did very well for a first timer

This is my N-00

and if you have any questions please email me or im me
Last edited by Dat Viymese on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I am going to make this nice and simple for you.

Do not make a thread unless you can already post a picture of the ship in question. Evarrr.

Second off, there is no such thing as 'doing it wrong' in terms of weapons power. It's all relative to the balance level you personally have set for your ships. Of course if you're going to add as many 9's as you can just so your ship can beat everything else out there, you *are* doing it wrong. Hurray! It's a paradox! I love paradoxes!

Preventively I'm going to say that covering a ship in weapons is also doing it wrong.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

The N-01 which i will soon be modifyng after self-critiquing it i desided it might be too powerful for my own slef paradox as Arcane happily explained to me :oops:

And the K57-ODP which is equipped with ship deployers holding the K57-Missile

[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

First off: Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.

Second: Your ships suck. We have custom parts in the Custom Content forum (Read thedocumentation if you don't know how to import them). The section placement's crappy, having all the angles off into space. You have way too many weapons on that ship. It's a ship, not a munitions dump. Finally, there is way too much repetition. You should use maybe one section per side. You may repeat if making armor, but try making your ships as diverse as possible.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

inteuniso wrote:First off: Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.

Second: Your ships suck. We have custom parts in the Custom Content forum (Read thedocumentation if you don't know how to import them). The section placement's crappy, having all the angles off into space. You have way too many weapons on that ship. It's a ship, not a munitions dump. Finally, there is way too much repetition. You should use maybe one section per side. You may repeat if making armor, but try making your ships as diverse as possible.
Okay then what ship are you meaning or do you mean all of them?

inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Your first two ships have way too many weapons. The missile looks crappy, keep it at normal zoom. Also, the missile shipyard looks way too flimsy.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Critziam is welcome but i need feed back about the ship in question okay?

Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

How about this the k57 has been updated again so here it is...

EDIT:okay i had to stop trying that ship the K-57 series is discontinued

OKay it seems i forgot to save it so...the pic will be replaced soon :oops:
Last edited by Dat Viymese on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

I won´t comment on the ship, because every new member gets some freebies, in my eyes, before he finds his/her style, but I will give you some advice.

Gunhappy is not a wrong thing, but try to play wit the values or find your favorite weapons. Machineguns, vulcans ands some autocannons do the trick for me, the machineguns and the vulcans fill the void with a hellofa hail of bullets, without obliterate everything and the autocannons bring some punch to the party.

For the balance I use the Leviathan:
if you can singlehanded destroy it it is perhaps too much,
when I need 2 ships, I have a fine battleship
3 or more are perfect for me at the moment.

Colours make everything better, so use them.

Try more custom sprites, this feature alone is the best thing after sliced bread.

So keep building.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Cool thanks for the advice but how do i get custom spirite that are in rar files?

vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Use a programm like winrar, google should do the trick if you can´t find it.
Then you extract the *.rar into the custom sprites folder.
Finally in the shipbuilder press "y" (english keyboard) or "z" (some other keyboard layouts) to get on your right side all the stock parts, then drag and drop everything you extracted into this window, finally save it as an custom sprite ini.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The ships are raggedy and thin. And people aren't impressed by weapons, unless it's a really, really, really good custom weapon. Even so, try to concentrate more on ship design, then weapons. If you still want that amount of guns, depth them under segments (with the "w" button) to give the ship a sense of layers.

I can't say too much for the ships, too much of it's buried under weapons :? .
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Perhaps you should start by just making ship hulls. Work on making your sections fit together. When you can make a pretty ship hull, you can move on to putting on weapons. Also remember that weapons should be just as carefully placed as sections are.
You may also want to try out the recently invented TSA sections you can get in the Custom Content.
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

I have been busy recently and here are a few new hulls off the assembly line what do ya think?

ND-00: Nova Destroyer

ND-01

These are with out wepons

Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

LactoseTolerant wrote:The ships are raggedy and thin. And people aren't impressed by weapons, unless it's a really, really, really good custom weapon. Even so, try to concentrate more on ship design, then weapons. If you still want that amount of guns, depth them under segments (with the "w" button) to give the ship a sense of layers.

I can't say too much for the ships, too much of it's buried under weapons :? .
well forsome reason that doesn't work, could you explain what pressing "W" will do?