BillyJoeBob's Various Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

BillyJoeBob's Various Ships

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Waaaaayyyy back I posted ships under the faction name of the "TAF- Terran Assault Force" Just recently I caught the BSF bug again and suddenly wanted to remake my prized ship, the "Strelok Experimental Super Dreadnought" . All my ships were extremely small, especially for something considered a Super Dreadnought.

The old fleet's "capital ships" with the Strelok is in the attachment.

I've suddenly been inspired to try and remake my old ships with the new parts and to make them better.

I'm quite pleased with the way the new Strelok came to be.

More to come in this section on remakes.
----------
Now, onto the previously stated various ships.

This is the Tempest (a working title, didn't really have much of a name inspiration) a carrier I was experimenting with. I didn't really have a particular idea that I was coming up with, besides I wanted to try out antennas. I like how the front section came out for some reason. The back, not as much.

I literally had no plan for the Typhoon station. I sort of let my hand do the planning, I like it, in its extremely ugly way. It could be a lot better aesthetically . I think I was channeling a bit of Minmatar design for it. :lol:
Attachments
Typhoon.png
TAF Fleet's Capital ships
TAF Fleet's Capital ships
Last edited by Billy Joe Bob on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: BillyJoeBob's Various Ships

Post by Anna »

If you decided to rebuild them with newer sections, I'm baffled at to why you didn't use SWA-style sections and instead used stock.

On an unrelated note, your pictures stretch for forum frames, you did not even attempt to crop them, and so I removed them from your post. Please read the rules, and if you'd like to repost your pictures, crop them or use thumbnails to link to the full-sized pictures. Thank you.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Just post screenshots as attachments. They'll automatically get thumbnailed that way.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

I used the updated stock pieces because A) I'm trying to get a feel for shipbuilding again, and B) I wanted to recreate my ships as they appeared before with updated weapons and different stock styled sections so I wasn't cluttering with the original 26 pieces. I'll try my hand at the new custom sections sometime soon. Also, I'll be reuploading the pictures, cropped this time. :oops:

You know what, now that I think about it. I'll see what I can do about redoing my ships entirely with SWA style parts. This should be fun. :)
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

you said you wanted to use new sections but to be honest i can't see any, but i like the second ship, the carrier i think its a great shape just needs better colouring. however i think the back is better than the front.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

To be honest, these were new for me, I didn't realize I was away for so long, and upon redownloading BSF I saw the Kae sections and went to work with those. I keep referring to them as new since I'm behind the times.

I've experimented with SWA styled sections and I've redone my Chaos Class Battlecruiser. I really like how much nicer it looks.
Attachments
Old and New
Old and New
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Stock weapon sprites so totally clash with the SWA sprites. :) You should at least get Se7vn's (is that how you spell it?) weapon sprites.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████