Make the 'canon' designs avaliable?

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Make the 'canon' designs avaliable?

Post by Captain Trek »

You can already get the Hestia hull in the ship maker, but perhaps it would be a god idea to make the blank hulls of all the 'canon' ships avaliable so we could create new varients of them. I myself have several such ideas including a pint defence variant of the Zelus, a flux projector variant of the Helios and a demeter variant of the Moira.

What do you think?
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Err, this would be a problem because the ships in the game weren't created with the shipmaker; I made them the hard way.

The Hestia I re-engineered specifically for the shipmaker, blueprints for the other ships do not exist.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Don't worry, I realise the 'canon' ships weren't made with ship maker. One of the more noticeable difference between the hard-coded ships and the ship maker ones is that the hard-coded ships animate while ones made in ship maker don't.

Anyway, don't worry about it. You work hard enough on BF as it is. I just thought it'd be nice to have the hull designs on hand is all...
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

take a screenshot, and then use it as a reference for replicating it.

Thats what I did with the Hectate. I juts looked at pictures.And then altered it, to make the Hectate II (available int he downloads section)
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

I know, I know, but I just figured an exact replica would be better than a mere approxomation...

Again, don't worry about...
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

Dude, you can calm a bit. No need to apologize for everything, you haven't done anything wrong. Your question was a perfectly good one.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Thanks mate. I tend to go a little overboard sometimes...

Anyway, I guess I should shut up now...