Some of my ships...

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

(^_^)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Some of my ships...

Post by (^_^) »

Haven't thought of a name yet...
Comments and thoughts please.
Attachments
Pew Pew!
Pew Pew!
Mining beams and those thingies that bend beams...
Mining beams and those thingies that bend beams...
Dual autocannons and rocket PD
Dual autocannons and rocket PD
Maart3n
BANNED

Re: Some of my ships...

Post by Maart3n »

They are ugly, just repedative, boring and awefully coloured.
You have mirroring errors, and the core showing.

That said: Mirroring errors are the easiest to fix, just make sure that when you mirror your ship that the sections do not overlap the section opposing them.
The colours are just bad taste, do something about it, take colours that match and don't make them to bright.
Repedtiviness(yeah word): Just stop using 3 sections, it looks aweful.

Then: Make the shapes interesting, get new sprites, AND TURN OFF THAT GLOW DAWG.
(^_^)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by (^_^) »

6 different sections is hardly not 3...
what do you mean by turning off the glow?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

hmm, for starters its really a bad idea to stretch sections so much. If you were trying to get a specific look, try finding smaller sections to replace those. Really most of the ship is made of of big, ugly sections, and it isn't that interesting of a shape anyway, so starting anew might be in order. Really I have nothing against stock style but most consider it outdated, and there are a better variety of sections available in SWA style anyway. One other thing to think about; right now your ship is more reminiscent of a battleship than a mining vessel so you might want to either drop the current backstory or restructure the design. Vidboi recently put out a really cool looking mining vessel Here Not trying to be mean, but I think that would help.

*edit* :lol: my apologies for not paying attention
Last edited by jwa8402 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
(^_^)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by (^_^) »

It's not supposed to be a mining ship :P
Those are just my weapons
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Hi, go to the main menu of BSF, go to options there you will find colours keep pressing colours until you get to glow then slide all colour bars to the left et voila! glow is off. The other comments pretty much summed up the ships for me to be honest though.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
arbiterxxxxxxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Singapore, Earth, Milky way galaxy, Galactic Empire

Post by arbiterxxxxxxx »

try covering up the core, I got scolded by moderators for not covering mine some time ago. Also, you should try custom weapon sprites instead of just shading the turret red or other colours

You have 2 different classes of ships, although they might be of the same general class, they should have some differences, if minute, in structure to house different functions. For example, the "Imperial" and "Victory" class Star Destroyers have slightly different designs although they are both Star Destroyers.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

To sum up the above posts: try and make your ships look like you have spent a decent amount of time on them, not post some random stuff and hope to get a gold star, or something

I'd say just start over, the ships you have currently posted are pretty much beyond help
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
(^_^)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by (^_^) »

I decided to start an entirely new ship and tried some shading....
comments?
Attachments
1.png
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

yup, you've completly fucked up the shading in the center, and the pic is even more fubar.
The shape of the ship on the other hand IS interesting, except for the two sections stick out from the front.

The I would like to advise you to get some new sections from the custom content section of the forum.
Oh and you don't have to aegis stuff to make it look like it's aegised. We've got fake aegis for that now.
(^_^)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by (^_^) »

I did use fake aegis...
it would also help if ou would explain why the shading is bad, and why you don't like the two front sections.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

The shading is poor because its a bit over dramatic if that makes sense, i actually really like this shape including the front two sections all though they could be smaller/smoother, nice use of engine flares, but that topmost section near the front the green one is just too light and it really should be covered by another section in my opinion. Also black doesn't really work to well in BSF as the background is black so your ships become invisible try using a dark grey for the black sections, this would also improve the shading.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

(^_^) wrote:I did use fake aegis...
My bad they're nano thingies.

And the other guy is right. DO NOT STRETCH!
(^_^)
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by (^_^) »

The only part i stretched is the point....
it's pitch black so you can't tell anyway...
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Maarten's criticsm has a point though, the streching and colors and such, you should look in the holy ships thread or look at posts of others all around, you might find some technique that appeals to you.