New Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Gkug
Commander
Commander

New Ships

Post by Gkug »

Space Station
Beam Frigate
Command Frigate
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: New Ships

Post by Droid »

Frigates aren't too bad.
The station has some pretty bad clutter and repetition in the center region though.

Might want to try TSA-style sections.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

No offence, but it hurts my eyes to actually look at the space station , because the flat white contrasts so much with the dark background. You should use the SWA sprites for that ship, because it'll cut out the contrast that the sprites currently have, and by depthing the sections a bit, and also changing some of them, you can cut out the repetition

The smaller ships are slightly better, although their shape isn't particulaly interesting, and the fact that only stock sprites are used doesn't help. Use a bigger variety or sprites, and try to give all your ship more defining features, so that they look less generic
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

space station... absolute negatory. colors, repetition... i think that by looking at it it has potential, but the rep is really what throws me. the ships, on the other hand, are quite interesting. i wouls be interested to see them in that new style (forgot the acronym again. curse you, memory!)
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i love the continuation of traits in the ships, it shows that there based on the same hull design but have been modified to suit different needs. This is just like development of tanks boats etc in the military and means you can build a fleet that look like they belong together

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.