Ships of the Royal Manticoran Navy

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Adm. White Haven
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Ships of the Royal Manticoran Navy

Post by Adm. White Haven »

Anna wrote:Moving on:

[img]ApolloMissilePod[/img]

There's NOTHING THERE that you made, so why post a picture of it? Especially a picture so stupidly large. It's one section. One section that anyone can pick as the default core for a ship. Posting a picture of it serves no purpose, as it doesn't show anything that you actually made. More than 99% of that screenshot is blank space as well, which is just silly.
The last two pictures were large because I was attempting to show how the LACs and pods were scaled against the larger ships. Your criticism about there appearing to be nothing there that's mine is totally spot-on, and my fault due to alpha-zeroing the only distinguishing feature.
Anna wrote:Now, if you made these ships for gameplay purposes, you're probably doing it wrong still. Slathered with guns as these things are, they certainly wouldn't be balanced against stock ships, and with permanent aegis shieldwalls they're likely invulnerable to anything other than each other, with the exceptions of the tiny gaps in the corner. And the most important reason why they're no good for gameplay purposes: You didn't post a download. You just posted pictures of your ships that are, by the current standards, just not very attractive.
Fair enough. Here's an .rar download containing .shp and .sb4 files for all the ships in this post, plus a couple others: Royal Manticoran Navy.
Anna wrote:If your ships exploded too quickly, then the obvious answer is that he was making his weapons too powerful, or that you were setting the HP of your ships too low. Beams pretty much never bypass aegis sections unless the section itself is really thin, or unless bugginess occurs to make the beam skip a section. Instead of merely escalating things, you should have smacked your friend over the head for slapping so many guns on his ship that it could tear through your own like hot butter, or upped the HP of your ship appropriately. Or hell, used non-aegis deflectors, because at least they're not always active... but I digress.
Having too little HP is a distinct possibility. In fact, I think it probably is the case. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I will experiment with adjusting that.