Star Wars Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Wars Fleet

Post by dyoano »

Hey all. This is my first attempt at making a true ship (the previous ones being experimental designs and whatnot). CC welcome.

Anyway, I am a huge Star Wars fan, and I think I'm going to upload an entire fleet of Star Wars ships. I will make them as identical as possible to their movie-counterparts, including the design, firepower, and specs. Even the number and power of fighters (demeters) produced is accurate.

Galactic Republic:

Venator-class Star Destroyer
Armament:
x8 DBY-827 heavy dual turbolaser turrets (8-megaton rated)
x2 medium dual turbolaser turrets (fast-tracking)
x4 Proton Torpedo tubes
x8 Point-Defense ion batteries (fast-tracking)
x5 Tractor Beam projectors
x10 Deflector banks

Complements:
x36 ARC-170 starfighters
x192 Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptors

Propulsion:
x2 primary drive engines
x2 secondary drive engines
x1 Class 1.0 Hyperdrive core (60,000 light-years effective)
x1 Class 15.0 Hyperdrive core (backup)

Additional Notes:
- the DBY-827 turrets are so powerful each shot is rated at 8 megatons, and will rip through most unshielded sections in a matter of seconds
- one clean torpedo volley to an unshielded hangar bay will overload the doors and detonate inside the hangar, thus instantly destroying the ship
- destruction of engines will cause complete loss of mobility

Last edited by dyoano on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

Confederacy of Independent Systems:
[reserved: under construction]
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

There's a bit too much repetition, particularly on the front half. I also suggest you don't uses colours until you get the shape right, because that dark-maroon colour isn't really that good

There's a thread in the Hall of Shame that relates closely to this thread, check that out as well
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Imaillusion wrote:There's a bit too much repetition, particularly on the front half. I also suggest you don't uses colours until you get the shape right, because that dark-maroon colour isn't really that good

There's a thread in the Hall of Shame that relates closely to this thread, check that out as well
Oh man, quit jumping the gun like that, he's been doing some awesome effects on earlier ships of his, its probably an early wip and to say the least, the shape is allmost spot on, repetition just needs to be dealt with and then its good on its way to looking good.

I've seen this in a number of your replies and don't think i'm attacking you, but your acting like your a know-it-all sometimes.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

...But you do agree with me right?

I mean, yes, he probaly HAS been doing some awesome effects with other ships, it probaly IS an early wip, and the shape IS about right. I totally agree with you. That's why I didn't have to say anything about those things.

When I comment on ships, I simply imagine that I don't know anything about this guy, he has randomly shown me this ship (and he has), and he asks me to comment on it. And I do that every time.

Anyway we should stop derailing the thread
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Imaillusion wrote:There's a bit too much repetition, particularly on the front half. I also suggest you don't uses colours until you get the shape right, because that dark-maroon colour isn't really that good
Looks like someone hasn't gotten a good look at the Venator. :|

The shape is a lot better than that other thread, the colours are better, the sectionwork is (relatively speaking - it still needs some work, and less Generic 2 stuff!) better... I don't really see how the two threads are related save topic.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

Hmm. Not bad. There is some repetition at the front but on some level i do not think that can be avoided. (Well it could have been avoided but it could have been a lot worse.) But the repetition is the only real problem i see. Everything else is good.

So how does it play in-game?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

The indent is too wide, and the front isn't long enough.
The rest is fairly okay, you just need some better sections to use for this.
Linkfan23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Linkfan23 »

I have definitely seen worse. As others have said, the biggest flaw is the repetition in the front. You do have the shape of the ship down so that is a plus. Overall it's not a bad ship.
[img]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6213/linkfansignatureli5.jpg[/img]
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

What the others said.

I'm digging the engines in the back. Just like the actual ship. One problem though, there is a mirroring error on the centerline right next to the command bridge.

Despite the extremely bad repetition, and the mirror error, this ship has great potential. I would like to see some other ships besides just the venator though.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.