New Destroyer Class Vessel

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LitanyofFury
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

New Destroyer Class Vessel

Post by LitanyofFury »

Haven't been on in a while but here's what I've thrown together...

*NEW* Imperion-Class Destroyer

Comments?

Not bad going from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3806 to the Imperion if I do say so myself.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: New Destroyer Class Vessel

Post by Kiltric »

For the most part, I like it. The section usage seems pretty solid and I like the general feel.

A few nitpicks, the blue is a little saturated and also clashes with the shield, doesn't look good. Also it almost looks over-armed but I could let it go. It also is a little bland, in that, it's just a dark lump. The shading is well done, but a few tiny glows/doodads would benefit a lot.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

I really love the way you made those engines, looks like the actual fuel is being pumped in.
I like the general shape of the ship altough the bridge could be better, and you got a mirroring error near your rearmost cannons.

Then there's te cannons, they look a bit stretched to me, that might just be me.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Waaaaay too dark, and I strongly recommend not using HM's twinbarrel guns unless you edit them for synchronized firing, and they tend to suffer from improper rotation. I suggest looking into multi-section turrets.

Also, shields are usually the topmost layer, with weapons depthed if need be. Having them as the bottom layer looks a bit odd sometimes.

Other than that... solid start.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Pretty good restart for a new builder. There's general linear flow, through the center, good variance of sprites, sufficient depthing. The sprites mash together a bit with some clutter, but I can still make out parts and pieces of individual sprites. Not bad of a job on the engine casings in the back.

Addendum: Whoops :oops: .
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Pretty good start for a new builder. There's general linear flow, through the center, good variance of sprites, sufficient depthing. The sprites mash together a bit with some clutter, but I can still make out parts and pieces of individual sprites. Not bad of a job on the engine casings in the back.
Check the join date, LT. LoF has been around longer than you, he just vanished before you arrived. ;)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
LitanyofFury
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by LitanyofFury »

haha that i did, had to break away for major work projects. but i'm back and trying not to be rusty and keep up with you pros! lol