1st ship with new sprites

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

arbiterxxxxxxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Singapore, Earth, Milky way galaxy, Galactic Empire

1st ship with new sprites

Post by arbiterxxxxxxx »

hi, this is me trying out the new sprites, this is the finished product, I haven't decided what to name it yet. can someone help me with ship names?
Attachments
this is the ship itself, the green head in he middle points at enemy target which is being attacked like a radar<br /><br />the circle at the back is a &quot;warp drive&quot; which contains a teleporter with a range of 2000 units.
this is the ship itself, the green head in he middle points at enemy target which is being attacked like a radar

the circle at the back is a "warp drive" which contains a teleporter with a range of 2000 units.
arbiterxxxxxxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: 1st ship with new sprites

Post by arbiterxxxxxxx »

somehow i think it looks a bit like a star destroyer with the triangle shape......
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

well ummm, its a triangle with far too much repetition and a giant glowing circle hanging out of the back, what can i say? original? the fake aegis colour you have selected looks kind of like dirty green slime, you have stock weapons showing download some new weapon sprites Horsemonsters detailed weapons are great and se7ens weapon sprite pack is also good, the modules that are on gloriously horrific display can be hidden by setting the alpha to 0 (this can be found in the ED tab) and the 'head' or bridge just looks awkwardly stuck on. The three sections at the back that you've placed horizontally to cover a gap look bad, there's no depthing or shading.
This is an all right idea it just hasn't been executed well at all, there's probably more to say but this should do for now, my criticism is intended to be constructive i hope you don't think im just slating your ship, improve and repost i would like to see you develop this.

oh and before it gets picked up by a moderator edit your post rather than posting twice

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
arbiterxxxxxxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by arbiterxxxxxxx »

thanks, but how do I add depth?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

if you colour something really lightly it gives the impression that its on top of other sections, if you colour something dark... underneath, also multiple sections on top of each other in different colours stop things being flat. :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

There's too much repetition with the ship, and as far as I can tell, you've only used the stock sprites that have been SWA'ed. You need to use a bigger variety of sections to cut out the repetition, and also give the ship a more unique style.

Also, the colour scheme is pretty boring, get more creative :cool:
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.