XS fleet, fleet of ever morphing ships.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Droid wrote:You can mirror horizontally, just make sure all sections are parented to a single section on the core, rotate the whole thing 90 degrees (group rotate), mirror again.
It won't be perfect and you'd have to reparent everything.
thanks... but after 25 attempts im realizing that the thing is impossible
i need sprites the size of the shields to do such a thing. and i don't know how to make sprites... T.T fuck me. i really want to make this...
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

AssassinVrxz wrote:
Droid wrote:You can mirror horizontally, just make sure all sections are parented to a single section on the core, rotate the whole thing 90 degrees (group rotate), mirror again.
It won't be perfect and you'd have to reparent everything.
now how do you group rotate?

thanks... but after 25 attempts im realizing that the thing is impossible
i need sprites the size of the shields to do such a thing. and i don't know how to make sprites... T.T fuck me. i really want to make this...
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Shift + Whatever Rotate is.
It's been a while since I actually built a ship :P
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Droid wrote:Shift + Whatever Rotate is.
It's been a while since I actually built a ship :P
i know.

*edit*
does anyone have any sprites i could use to make this. it would help me tremendously. i can't stress how hard it is and how much math is involved, but if i don't have a good sprite, than the whole thing falls apart

*edit 2*

i did make something fun. its a tribute to spore...

what happens if you cross cell stage with space stage

AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

alright. i got a dyson sphere near complete. i now have to add details and stuff. im going to have it orbiting a proton star, so its a small star.
this is too big for the edetor zom to capture it. so i went to sanbox. and it was too big... lol... so i made the resolutioin to 5000/5000 and whalla here we go. its next to the chronus for size referance.

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Sphere?
That's not a sphere, that's merely 4 interconnecting circles.
I can't really say your improving at this rate... =\
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Silverware wrote:Sphere?
That's not a sphere, that's merely 4 interconnecting circles.
I can't really say your improving at this rate... =\
*facepalm*

there are many classes of dyson sphere. cluster, swarm, subclasses that include rings, ect. look at the photo of a proposedone i posted earlyer.

*edit*

this is only 333 pieces. i plan on yousing at least a thousand. i will have offshooting rings in a dome shape aswell. i just built the habitable zone.

now for the power generator. nuff said
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Then you are doing a Dyson Ring, Rather different.
And I still cannot see even a single ring orbiting the star, a ring/swarm/sphere must have the star at its center. That's the reason it is a ring/swarm/sphere. They all intersect it not orbit it. =\
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Silverware wrote:Then you are doing a Dyson Ring, Rather different.
And I still cannot see even a single ring orbiting the star, a ring/swarm/sphere must have the star at its center. That's the reason it is a ring/swarm/sphere. They all intersect it not orbit it. =\
its a step by step process... imworkignon it slowely. im doing my own version by the way. im postingwhat i have as a start and moving form there. im like probing back and forth between how to do such a thing. its a large and hard task.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

AssassinVrxz wrote:
its a step by step process... im working on it slowly. im doing my own version by the way. im posting what i have as a start and moving form there. im like probing back and forth between how to do such a thing. its a large and hard task.

Yeah doing something like this is not easy. To the best of my knowledge you are the first person on these forms to even try something like this. This is much better then your last try at a Dyson sphere. The first one was... well bad, really bad. I would like to see where you go with this.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

fatrat600284 wrote:
AssassinVrxz wrote:
its a step by step process... im working on it slowly. im doing my own version by the way. im posting what i have as a start and moving form there. im like probing back and forth between how to do such a thing. its a large and hard task.

Yeah doing something like this is not easy. To the best of my knowledge you are the first person on these forms to even try something like this. This is much better then your last try at a Dyson sphere. The first one was... well bad, really bad. I would like to see where you go with this.
yeah i think i am. im going to be using some of Anna's sprites he realeased, to invoke movement around the core star, and things will be rotating. the biggest problem is... how do you make stuff orbit a 2d object... and dissapear behind it. its a huge challenge, but im ok with that. also if one little piece of a ring gets destroyed, all the others along the line are too, so i simply have to take it slow. it may be a month and 666 more sprites later, and ill be finished. (thats 999 in total hahaa)
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

AssassinVrxz wrote:
fatrat600284 wrote:
AssassinVrxz wrote: its a step by step process... im working on it slowly. im doing my own version by the way. im posting what i have as a start and moving form there. im like probing back and forth between how to do such a thing. its a large and hard task.

yeah i think i am. im going to be using some of Anna's sprites he realeased, to invoke movement around the core star, and things will be rotating. the biggest problem is... how do you make stuff orbit a 2d object... and dissapear behind it. its a huge challenge, but im ok with that. also if one little piece of a ring gets destroyed, all the others along the line are too, so i simply have to take it slow. it may be a month and 666 more sprites later, and ill be finished. (thats 999 in total hahaa)
There is a way to get objects on a ship to fade in and out. You can use that and rotation to simulate orbit. But i have never tried it.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

fatrat600284 wrote: There is a way to get objects on a ship to fade in and out. You can use that and rotation to simulate orbit. But i have never tried it.
thanks i apreciate it
and introducing the first of the XS-2 Series, since it may be months before i finish the XS-1 Daizen... i bring you

XS-2 Zaiget

this will be the base for a much larger ship coming soon. im moving from boxy to more organic... obviously.

I am using Anna's sprites, as i find they fit my style perfectly.
like usual, no coloring. i find coloring difficult myself, and absurd in realism. who is going to color there ship fancy colors? all that paint would be absurd.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

New ship

XS-2 Mondor

took previous idea, and made it better. everything flows, or should. that was my goal.

every ship in this fleet is an extension one way or another of another ship. no exeptions. the reason for this is for construction reasons.

*EDIT*

another ship, ive noticed from popular trend and my obvious stupidity.
ships of the same fleet should be all prettymuch the same and no variety, while being slightly different and larger, employing the same d damn themes. so, seing as everyone else likes the same damn thing over and over, i bring you as you like.

XS-2 Brelaiker

three laser cannons, anti mothership, anti dreadnaught, anti anything that gets in the fucking way ship.

**edittt**
new ship coming soon, empoying similar style with new levels of awesome
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Ships need more flow. Also, if you can tell the difference between darker shades, try simulating depth by making sections that are supposed to be lower, darker. Section usage isn't too bad in some places but in some places it is choppy. This mainly occurs due to awkward angles created when two or more sections are viewed together.
I am using Anna's sprites, as i find they fit my style perfectly.
Btw, it's SWA/TSA sprites.