XS fleet, fleet of ever morphing ships.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

XS fleet, fleet of ever morphing ships.

Post by AssassinVrxz »

alright. i have moved on from my trial and error ships in the CT series, and im ready to start some serous ship building. i am using the movement feature for all of these ships, and i will post them in however many stages they have, and would apreciate if somebody could tell me how to get one of those video clips, cause the overall transformation is wonderfull to watch..

XS-1 Xeno
(open)
(closed)
XS-1 Zetta
(open)
(closed)
XS-1 Yeizer
(open)
(closed)

The yeizer is a special ship, its the first designated lasor cannon ive ever built. it has a immensly powerfull and large cannon which is camoflauged as part of the ship. if this ship points at your ship, expect massive dammage. its quite fun. I am tryint to use missiles and other conventional weapons for once, and im working hard at it. hope you like it.

this is the tip of the iceberg. im making much larger and more complicated, with many many mooving parts, like micro dyson spheres, or even ringworlds to use as bases. ive already made domeships so i have to move on from there. much is planed for the Experimental Ships fleet. (XS... lol)
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

i think that these are some pretty awesome ships. maybe with color...

*cough*
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Bit of advice. Remove the engine flares you added there. They kind of kill the look of the ships. Maybe replace it with a fake-aegis'd section.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Da_Dooley wrote:i think that these are some pretty awesome ships. maybe with color...

*cough*
cough
im colorblind
cough

makes no difference to me. quite worrying about color and worry about structure, colors are worth shit to me.

and for the little exhaust things, i removed them. they are gone, and when i posted that i couldn't see it. i must have made thim a red or blue and i coudlnt' see the fuckers.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Yeah, they are colored red.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Re: XS fleet, fleet of ever morphing ships.

Post by LactoseTolerant »

AssassinVrxz wrote:i am using the movement feature for all of these ships, and i will post them in however many stages they have, and would apreciate if somebody could tell me how to get one of those video clips, cause the overall transformation is wonderfull to watch..
:roll:

I guess this is how Arcalane feels alot of the time.

/slaps sticky on Assasin's head. More specifically, this.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Elitay
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Elitay »

LactoseTolerant wrote:
AssassinVrxz wrote:i am using the movement feature for all of these ships, and i will post them in however many stages they have, and would apreciate if somebody could tell me how to get one of those video clips, cause the overall transformation is wonderfull to watch..

I'd like to point out that the guide never actually mentions how to do a frame capture, so any ignorance on our part is pretty justified. To capture multiple frames in a row use shift-f9.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Get some depthing up in this shit, unless you can't tell between different shades of gray (that'd be naff). You know, alter your shades to show some depth. Try to use other types of sections as well; gnr-sw looks terrible in high concentrations like these.

More complexity does not equal a better ship. Get a couple distinctive flow lines in these, and your work will improve exponentially.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

STARSTRUCK wrote:Get some depthing up in this shit, unless you can't tell between different shades of gray (that'd be naff). You know, alter your shades to show some depth. Try to use other types of sections as well; gnr-sw looks terrible in high concentrations like these.

More complexity does not equal a better ship. Get a couple distinctive flow lines in these, and your work will improve exponentially.
wait... ithought it was white... fuck... hahaha.

and if you all are going to say you can't see the flow lines in this your either taking only a second to look or lying. i specifically made them. around the main part is a command deck, the lines flow in a cury patter, and flow outwarts tothe main gun in a large box. everythign is outlined and only 2 pieces are with holes in the intire ship, made specifically to connect the outer wings after engine cooling.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

LactoseTolerant wrote:

lol you know what bites? this is my work computer and it won't lemme download it.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

You're playing BSF at work? O_o
Just do it at home.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Droid wrote:You're playing BSF at work? O_o
Just do it at home.
lol i don't have another computer.

ever been in a two hour meeting and your boss said you had to go, but you had no purpose other than to sit there? welll... thats where this comes in handy, and all my ships are the result. yes i work on ships while im bored. in a 4 hour period, i really get it all done in an hour, and mess around afterwords ^^ hahaha.

*edit*

it frusterates me how is send some of the shipbuilders who have made themselved dignified, and i barely get so much as a response from most, and don't get me wrong, if you came and posted i am umbelievably greatfull, i take everyting everyone says and put it in quotes in a special document and stuff like that.

for clarification.

i designed these to be bulky on PURPOSE... i like that. and for all you who are completly obsessed with eyecandy colors and textures, understand that i will never see it, and therefore am having some people help me color them. these ships have lots of detail i made, and if you look at it longer than 2 seconds you can see it. i don't see depth the way you all do, so i have to sompesate. im trying hard to immagine the way you all see it. but i obviously can't. its like running on your hands, uphill. not easy? yeah tell me about it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

A bit on the color. I totally understand why your frustrated, but maybe you don't understand why we are. You said you outlined certain areas to promote flow and details right? I think I see it, but to my eye its just a slightly thicker black line. I see the areas your talking about but really have to stare at the ships to see it. A suggestion: There are default colors you can access by right clicking on a section: 7/1/1, 2, or 3. If you can get someone else to set those colors to three shades, you will always know that 1 is higher than 2, and 2 is higher than 3, in terms of shading. Or you can keep on doing what your doing. I like your ships, but on some you apparently tried to shade them and it makes the ship confusing...

Beyond that, the ship structure is pretty well done, though there are some issues with overlapping sections but the more I look, the more I see how carefully you fit them together. FYI: I think its the Xeno, but you have two weapons that look funny. If you want to reverse the appearance of a weapon sprite, press shift A 11 times, then shift Q 9 times. This will reverse the image to make it seem like its on the other side of the ship. Ships like the Zetta are just a bit overwhelming to process because they look flat to my eye, but there is nothing wrong with the bulkiness in and of itself. I like the thought behind the Yeizer, but I think it would have looked better using stock style sprites. I really think the tsa style could have added the great textures without so much pre-decided shading.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

jwa8402 wrote: but on some you apparently tried to shade them and it makes the ship confusing...

uhm... im going to be honest with you. i havn't ever shaded a ship... which one? i think i may have pressed a few buttons and stuff happened. lol. i get loads of glithes. like for the Zetta, i had everything perfect, i put it on preview mode, to check the changes, and when i exited i saved. i looked at it after a while, and noticed to my horror it had stuck where i finished the preview, and it wouldn't go back to its origional position. so that one is a mess due to the must frusterating glitch i have ever expirienced in any program in my life. evil...

and on outlining thing... thats not how i meant it.

i personally have no clue how to outline, i meant that i put the sprites together in such a way that the lines flow wonderfully. perhaps its my incredibly bright screen versus a normal monitor. (laptop).

and thanks for the tip on the Xeno. i was a bit frusteratedand confused on how to switch the weapon. as it doesn't give me the option.

i am going to make another ship, and then after that start modifying these and makig them better. i have a serious drive to be the next good ship builder, and i have not the slightest grip on sci fi at all, never watched anythign other than a few star wars movies, never read sci fi books, ect. so forgive me.

i can see how the zetta would be hard to process, so ill try to fix it. not a problem mate.

i am making a carrier, using bits of the yeizers hull and improving the concept. wish there was a way to bring ships from one board to another so i can combind thier parts without having to make them.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Just so I understand you correctly, are you saying you wish there was a way to drag one ship into the same shipmaker window as another so you can combine groups of sections without having to build them again? Cuz you can...
I was looking at the shading on the xeno but actually it makes sense for the transformation part that those areas would be lower. And ya I thought you were referring to the actual technique of outlining with color so my bad. Good luck with the carrier!