K'tinga class cruiser

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Capt. Vox
Ensign
Ensign

K'tinga class cruiser

Post by Capt. Vox »

Hi, this is one of my firts ships. It's a K'tinga class klingon cruiser made completely using stock parts. :)

Maart3n
BANNED

Re: K'tinga class cruiser

Post by Maart3n »

Capt. Vox wrote:made completely using stock parts. :)
And that's exactly why it sucks, there is a huge amount of repetition in that. And stretching, not a good idea either.

The colours are all stock green with some red, and it does even have holes in it.
This kind of ship would have been awesome, 6 years ago.

I'm sorry, but it's back to the drawing board for you.
Capt. Vox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Capt. Vox »

Yes I know :oops: I just wanted to know how much it sucks :lol:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Maart3n is right about the stretching, there's plenty of pieces you can use to make the neck look better without stretching anything. The repetition...I can see why you used it on the neck, but otherwise, as I said, plenty new sections around.

I *do* have to point out that most Klingon ships *are* green and red in the first place.

The shape is decent, but you've been too easy on yourself. Experiment a little more, maybe check out the 'good (fan)shipbuilding guide' (in the useful links thread), use the many new custom sections to your advantage. Get rid of the holes, the stretching and maybe look at the K'tinga's color palette again, because contrary to most other Klingon ships their cruisers are a very light grey with washed out red-ish details, as you can see here.

Next stop, the weapons. A K'tinga's main feature is the forward torpedo launcher. It's just not there on your version. Agreed, ST weapons placement is finicky, but at least get that right.

That's about all I can say. Good luck.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Capt. Vox
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Capt. Vox »

Thanks for the constructive criticism.
I now work on the Romulan Scout. I'm using downloaded custom sections. When I finish it, I will work on the K'tinga.

btw a good source on Trek, B5 and Battlestar Galactica ships: http://www.shipschematics.net/
James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by James510 »

If you're like me, a fan of the stock parts, you gotta practice alot to get used to it. Reducing repetition, stretching, and using the right weapons is hard to master but once you do, its a hard habit to break.
Fail