JamesTech Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

JamesTech Ships

Post by James510 »

Well......... This is my first line of ships i'm uploading to the forums! A bit nervous, but here we go. Criticism is welcome, cause i know these aren't perfect.

Backstory-
Back in the 21st Century a company named JamesTech created new high-tech military weapons. They had secret plans to create a space armada in the case of an alien invasion. The only problem was that they didn't have the technology or resources to create them... Those times have passed. About 550 years later the people of Earth uncover the remains of the JamesTech HQ that was originally destroyed in the first alien attack. Twenty miles underground they find a huge hanger containing the frame of the Wyvern Capital Class Ship, the blueprints for the space armada, and the founder of JamesTech in a stasis chamber.

And so it begins

Epic Back Story finished, lol

The line of ships are classified into 5 groups:
Capitol
Carrier
Frigate
Fighter
Logistics

I haven't completed all the ships, but I'll upload what i have so far.

Capitol Ships

Wyvern
Flagship of the JamesTech Shiplines. Its main weapon is the Rapid-Fire Twin Railgun powered by a plasma core which increases its damage and fire rate.

Weapons-
1x Twin Railgun
2x Missile Launchers
2x Scatter Lasers
4x Pulse Cannons
8x Large Machine Guns
8x Blasters

Missile Cruiser
It became apparent that the fleet needed a long range bombardment unit, and the Frigate Class Ships were too small and under armored for the job. The Torpedo Frigates were too slow in firing and could be intercepted by PDLs (Point Defense Laser) The Missile Cruiser delivers a payload of Conventional Warheads, Teller Torpedoes, Plasma Warheads, and HE Warheads. It's also the first ship to use the Passive Shield System. This uses the ship's plasma core to generate a bubble around the ship.

Weapons:
2x Blaster
2x Mini Missile Launchers
2x Plasma Launchers
2x PDLs
2x PDRs
12x Missile Launchers

Carrier Ships

Arrow
A lightly armed ship, the carrier's main purpose is to carry fighters/bombers to other locations safely. Its machine gun emplacements can fend off small ships and asteroids. Its main weapon is the TacNuke cannon placed above the core module. It can launch 4 Interceptors and 4 Mirages at the same time.

Weapons
1x TacNuke
2x Scatter lasers
2x Blasters
2x Drone Bays
18x Small Machine Guns

Thorn
A small carrier compared to the Arrow, the Thorn deploys drones at enemies, swarming point defences and damaging internal systems. No weapons except for machine gun emplacements and drones.

Weapons
1x Drone Pod Launcher
5x Small Machine Guns
10x Drone Launch Pads

Frigates (haven't got time to add details or doodads to it yet...)

Assault Frigate
Its main purpose is to charge at the enemy forces and cause some damage. The plentiful armor plating helps it survive enemy fire for a sustained period. Though it has few weapons, it still does lots of damage to anything in its path.

Weapons
1x Gatling cannon
2x Autocannons

Flak Frigate
Its purpose is to provide cover fire against enemy fighters. It sprays anti-ship flak shells everywhere, filling the sky with explosions. It works better in large groups because, like mentioned above, it sprays everywhere. Its smaller flak cannons shoots down incoming projectiles.

Weapons
1x Flak Cannon
2x Flak Turrets

Torpedo Frigate
Instantly recognizable by its bulky look, the torpedo frigate delivers a payload to opposing forces from a safe distance. The torpedoes are highly maneuverable and hard to intercept. It is the only frigate class armed with machine guns to fend off against fighters due to its low maneuverability.

Weapons
1x Torpedo
2x Small Machine Guns

Defender Frigate
Sister ship of the assault frigate, the defender frigate is armed to protect larger ships from enemy fighters. Although it has no point defenses, it can destroy enemies quickly taking minimum damage. Its main armor platings are at the front of the ship, so if a stray missile hits the back, game over.

Weapons
1x Gatling blaster
2x Blaster
2x Large Machine Guns
4x Small Machine Guns

Fighters

Interceptor
Deployed in large groups, the interceptor does hit and runs on larger ships, and keeps enemy bomber ships away. These can we deployed nearly anywhere there is a space station or friendly carrier.

Weapons
1x Rapid Fire Machine Gun
2x Rocket Launchers (HV Rockets without startup delay)

Mirage
Deployed with Interceptors, Mirages bombard bigger ships that the Interceptors can't attack. They have no weaponry except for the plasma cannon that sprays high-explosive plasma bombs at an enemy.

Image[/img]

Logistic Ships

Bulk Ship -
This civilian ship has been converted into a warship to carry supplies for the fleet. It contains then newest fast-rotation blaster in the back. The frontal blaster is normal.

Weapons -
1x Blaster
1x RR Blaster

Repair Carrier -
Not actually a carrier because it doesn't have planes, the Repair Carrier deploys drones to repair nearby ships.

Weapons -
N/A

Constructor -
A ship that creates defensive platforms at the frontline of the battle. The constructor can create two different types of defensive platforms, the Gatling Platform and the Bunker.

Weapons -
The Gatling Platform
1x Gatling Gun
Bunker
4x LRPR (Long Range Pulse Rifle)
2x Point Defense Turret
Last edited by James510 on Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 am, edited 14 times in total.
Fail
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

The first one seems....... well, weird to me for some reason.
Second one is pretty cool. Nice carrier design and all.
Third one isn't bad either, logical placement of guns is fitting.
For the fourth one, remove the color for the gun.
Fifth one............... I don't know what it is.

For stock ships, they ain't bad. Taking this into account, I'd like to see what you can make with more parts. Go to the Custom Content part of the Forum and harvest what valuable treasures are in there. Also, switch to SW style since now everyone uses it instead of old BSF style.
James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by James510 »

Rodgun wrote: For the fourth one, remove the color for the gun.
Yeah, i have no idea why its that color....

Edit: I'm downloading custom weapon sprites right now, they seem much more detailed.

EditEdit: Where do you put the weapon sprites...?

Editeditedit: Nvm found out
Fail
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Ok, here's some new dvice for the fifth and sixth ones. Don't stretch. I mean, just look at them. I'm going to right off say to scrap them and remake those two.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

I don't think they are stretched, i think they're just very small so he's zoomed in, i.e there's a couple of shrunk sections but the blurriness of the others is from the zoom.
On the ships though, they are much better than anything i achieved with the base sprites so further work from you shows much promise indeed :).
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Hmmmm, judging by the guns I think you're right. But still........
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

okay srsly.. changing section size = bad :?
allso try the sw style sprites, they work great
James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by James510 »

Posting ships with new weapon sprites soon. The thing i don't like about custom sprites is how you have to click edit and click change sprite for every single section. I just don't have the patience for it. Also, i know SW parts look better, but I've been using base parts since 2008, I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Btw i found some small section parts so I'll be remaking the fighters with less of a "stretched" look.
Last edited by James510 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fail
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Oh lawl.

Go to tools, then to "Group Arrange". In there, pass everything to Group A and you're done. To add any other custom sprites, just drag them there from the Custom Sprites folder, then go to tools and click Save Sprites Ini. easy as that!
James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by James510 »

Hmm, I'll try that later. Right now I've got ppls over and they're hogging my comp so im on my laggy one.
Fail
evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by evildude »

the ships is like in order of resising... and stretching is the best thing you can do to make very bad ships... plus... there is lots of ship parts that you could use instead of reapeting stock parts
[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=evildude]don't click this link...OR ELSE!!!......[/url]
James510
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by James510 »

Ship Updates ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fail
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

The Flak Frigate is not bad at all. But I'd suggest

A) Adding color to the ships themselves
B) Definitely using SW sections.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Weapons should be the same style of sprite as the sections. Otherwise it just looks BAD.
evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by evildude »

Droid wrote:Weapons should be the same style of sprite as the sections. Otherwise it just looks BAD.
like she said... if you going to use weapons like that using parts like this
[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=evildude]don't click this link...OR ELSE!!!......[/url]