Assassins first ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The more recent ships look very spindly, like they'd snap if they tried to turn.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Imaillusion wrote:First off: see how you put three posts in succesion, within a few hours of each other? Try to avoid that, make one post and then edit the new stuff in

Now the CT-0. I actually don't mind it. You probaly haven't realized, but the sections you used for that ship have uber amounts of detail. I am betting someone will say that it is cluttered, but I personally don't think it is. The shape is a bit weird, and there are gaps everywhere, but that okay

And onto the last ship. I get the feeling that you have either stretched the sections by a lot, or have shrunk all the weapons and thrusters and stuff. Try to not do that, the sections don't suit the weapons, and vice-versa. I think it looks better when all the sections are splayed outwards, it has a nice shape
i didn't streatch anything. only shrink. as i don't like to streach. i don't like the weapons cluttering the beaty of the ship
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Droid wrote:The more recent ships look very spindly, like they'd snap if they tried to turn.
is there anything good you can say about them... i want to know whats good as well as bad
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The latest ones have interesting shapes, you probably just need to increase section variety on the curvy ones and fill in some holes.

Also, default zoom is always nice for presenting screenshots unless they're too small to be seen.