Assassins first ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Assassins first ships

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Redid first post so you don't have to scroll to find the ships.

CT-1 Bisay
CT-1 Zeddous
CT-1 Erronous
CT-1 Chancellor
CT-1 Taquentoth
CT-1 Verhive

these ships are the first ships this race has made, (CT-1 for a reason) and the second gen will have more individual ships, and the current ones updated with new sprites of course and modified and evolved. for example the CT-1 Bisay will become a very small drone that a future carrier ship will deploy, it will heal the ship and deploy detering orbs.
Last edited by AssassinVrxz on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

AssassinVrxz wrote:I am colorblind... so i can't color anything here on my own
Definitely haven't seen that before. Came out of the blue, if you'll pardon the language. If it helps at all, try defining custom colors in your left-hand palette with equal Red, Green and Blue numbers-- those are shades of gray, so we'll basically end up seeing the same thing. Get somebody to help see if you've missed any sections while coloring.

What we're seeing right now is neon green, just so you know. It doesn't look too good. See if you can concentrate on making your sections fit together? Try picking up the SW sprites, by the way. Those should help a lot!
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Neon green is default.
Please put some thought into your coloring schemes - worse comes to worse, just copy the ones require for the Metagame - they tend to be decent at the very least.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

STARSTRUCK wrote:
AssassinVrxz wrote:I am colorblind... so i can't color anything here on my own
Definitely haven't seen that before. Came out of the blue, if you'll pardon the language. If it helps at all, try defining custom colors in your left-hand palette with equal Red, Green and Blue numbers-- those are shades of gray, so we'll basically end up seeing the same thing. Get somebody to help see if you've missed any sections while coloring.

What we're seeing right now is neon green, just so you know. It doesn't look too good. See if you can concentrate on making your sections fit together? Try picking up the SW sprites, by the way. Those should help a lot!
thanks. ill make it grey and post it again..i lost the second one as my vist just hickupped but it was small and i can remake it.
so is the design alright? these are the first i have evern made...not includeing a few with massive amounts of beamers for my sick entertainment.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Droid wrote:Neon green is default.
Please put some thought into your coloring schemes - worse comes to worse, just copy the ones require for the Metagame - they tend to be decent at the very least.
when you can't differ colors... they all mix and blend and switch on you... putting thought in it is like deciding on what size knife to use to cut a stick of butter... in the end... it makes no difference... to me that is.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

i have some finished and bettter versions... i used the second one as a basis and went from there.

CT-1 Erronous(Assault Ship
CT-1 Chancelor(Heavy backup, foreward command center)
CT-1 Zeddous(Fighter)
((the one above is also known as... the CT-S crab-with-parachute. lol look at it sideways))
CT-1 Bisay(Repair ship)

Im going to keep building onto it... making it bigger and bigger ships. my next one should have 3 energy generators...(the red glowy stuff which converts to deflector defense...) and be aout 4 times as big... I had some help with coloring, so i hope it is eyecandy for you color seeing people.
the interesting thing is... the lines on the whole ship kindof change colors, making it look incredibly high tech, no clue why. i can see a few so i noticed these.

The ship is automated artificial inteligence, and the race that built it reached its utopia and uploaded their consciences to their version of the internet, making them immortal and now live through technology. they use energy to thier advantage, usually their ships have lasers of all sorts, as its easy for their cores to generate such high powered weapons.
Last edited by AssassinVrxz on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

definitely an improvement, even the colors arn't too bad for base style ships.
I think you have definite potential, keep working on them. =)
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Silverware wrote:definitely an improvement, even the colors arn't too bad for base style ships.
I think you have definite potential, keep working on them. =)
thank you very much. i am working on a medic ship as i type this, which will double as a small fighter, like the patroll ships in the campaign... though those are so small they aren;t worth using so i won't make it that small. if you have any ideas i would love to hear them. and if you can tell me some things good and bad about each one i would apreciate it alot
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Fleet in action. I havn't built the station or the Juggernaught/Command center ship yet. these havn't been equiped with guns yet, im still a noob and spam them so im looking around for a foundation on how its s'possed to be done.
you can tell(my friend tells me) that the colors are like a geko's, they constantly shift and change, never the same color. I don't know how or why this happens, but apperently its friggen awesome. dispite what color its set on, it is utterly random to the pattern of colors that happen when its actually in the field.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Oh, that's just glow. You can turn it off in Options. When you see the button that says Color, keep clicking until it says Glow. Then slide all the bars to the left.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Corporal Jomn wrote:Oh, that's just glow. You can turn it off in Options. When you see the button that says Color, keep clicking until it says Glow. Then slide all the bars to the left.
hahah you cann tell im a noob. but still looks great in this case.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

my new ship, Juggernaught class command ship
CT-1 Taquentoth
keep in mind this is my 5th ship(not counting the two newbie ships... there to sucky to count.
i need some ideas on how to develope the two branching weapon mounts by the back engine reactor core... im a bit at loss. its not done, and i want it to have more protection by the side by the main core, as a ship this size would be easy targets for faster ships with beamers or whatnot. this being my biggest ship has the strongest shield power, evidence by the fact that the traingle shapped red shields are so energized. i hope to have this ship be great soon. i absolutely love it, i have spent all day on these.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

CT-1 Taquentoth
it looks like shit... my friend went home forgive me i tried my best. it should look good with some weapons. i am thinking of making a new forum post with just these good ones... not the newbie crap
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

If I ignore the colours (because you're colourblind), your ships still need some work, in terms of how you place the sections together, the shapes of the ships you're making, and generally how you want your ships to look.

To start, you need to fill the gaps/holes in the ships, by piecing together the sections better. Your probaly then better off using SWA-styled sprites, because half of them don't have holes, and by doing it correctly, you can stack them on top of each other without making the ship look cluttered. If your using SWA sprites, change all your colours to white, SWA sprites have already been shaded in.
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

Not bad. You have potential so keep on going.

I would just try covering the cores of the ships.

And go here and download the Sprite Megapackage. http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4472

That should help you get started.