Some of my first ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Qinetix
Ensign
Ensign

Some of my first ships

Post by Qinetix »

Hey im new to those forums but i joined to share some of my creations for now i will show you only one (Im not a newb anymore :3 )

I made a new ship. Hope you like it.Its no retro.

3 new ships (yeah i make em sometimes kinda fast ill get new sprites soon :lol: )

ill try make bigger ships tho but it will take time if you wish....

Here is a big ship Image

3 New ships

One new day, one new ship

2 new ships i made in the free time

One new Big Ship....

don't blame :D thats my style , i can cover the holes but im lazy and don't want to i like the ships as nice they are

If you don't realy like seeing all ships diferent colored ill recolor them to only 1 colour

For me is kinda hard to stop doing this , its like a hobby :|

Coloring may be easy but i canot make the sprites i can draw the shape but not the lines :<
Last edited by Qinetix on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 am, edited 14 times in total.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

*looks up at ships

..................... Oh dear

First up, only use white, grey or other dull colours for your sections. As a n00b you should focus on section placement/usage, and think about the type of shape you want your ships to have, rather than try to impress us with fancy colouring

Second, in relation the the first, you need to think about what type of style you want to use (because quite honestly, these ships are crap, and that's saying it lightly). Look at the styles the other fourm members are using, and get some inspiration from them. Because the ships you have osted? They are NOT showing the potential that you could have

Third, you should get some custom-made sprites from the fourm, because you've obviously only used the sprites that came with the game. BE MORE CREATIVE.

To sum up, you should also prepare yourself for the... less polite fourm members. They may seem harsh, but take it from me mate, you'll learn a lot from them
Qinetix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Qinetix »

Fine , i got some sprites and placed them in the right directory and in there specifics folders . Is there any way to load all off them not just one? im kinda lazy to see whats the section in folder and then insert it and so on
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

There is an option from the Shipmaker Menu Bar called Group Arrange, from there you can drag and drop all of the sprites from the folders into the group view in the SM and see them all at once. Or at least about 20 at once; it scrolls.
Qinetix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Qinetix »

no the new sprites not the old one they don't apear anyways in group arange
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Qinetix wrote:no the new sprites not the old one they don't apear anyways in group arange
To clarify, open up Group Arrange in SM and your Custom Sprites folder in Windows Explorer simultaneously. Drag and drop them from Windows Explorer into Group Arrange.

To avoid having to do this every time you start it up, go to Tools / Save Sprites Ini and overwrite smsprites.ini. Or you can keep a library of different group settings and load them with Load Sprites Ini. Hope this helps!
Qinetix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Qinetix »

thx :lol:
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Really just a jumble of sprites at this stage, I can't see any styles, or coherent design. And section repetition is bad. The most current ship is too thin, and there are many holes in it. And the angling in the arms are erratic.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

*looks at new ship...

Well you're improving, which a start.

I think your problem is that your not putting enough thought into the shape or design of your ships. At the moment, it looks like you making your ships in about 5 seconds. Shipmaking is not a race; take time to make them, and think about what you want your ships to look like.
Qinetix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Qinetix »

Everyone can make ships.... They just need one thing.... Imagination
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Man theres is a lot of repition going on here and the first two ships seem very alien and could be the begining of a small fleet!
The mecha parts on the orange ship's sides could probably be used as connectors, connecting the wings to th body. Also, moving the wings a little bit away from the body would greatly improve the look. (IMO)
And as of current don't try big ships first try little ships the get bigger!
its a much less paniful way of learning....:lol:
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

i do like these, you should try adding on to what you have, and creating similar ships, not just starting from scrap.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Looks at new ships...

hmmm...

That red ship? Fill in the gaps in the body, and use more shading

Orange ship? Fill up the back section to about where those two circular parts are. More shading for this as well

Green ship? I like this one. You should aslo fill in the gaps, and maybe refine that core a bit more. Shading... again

Blue ship? People are probaly going to say that it has a it too much repetition, but I like it as it is. But do fill in the gaps, just the ones within the body.

And more shading :P
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Qinetix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Qinetix »

Imaillusion wrote:Looks at new ships...

hmmm...

That red ship? Fill in the gaps in the body, and use more shading

Orange ship? Fill up the back section to about where those two circular parts are. More shading for this as well

Green ship? I like this one. You should aslo fill in the gaps, and maybe refine that core a bit more. Shading... again

Blue ship? People are probaly going to say that it has a it too much repetition, but I like it as it is. But do fill in the gaps, just the ones within the body.

And more shading :P
I say the orange ship is good as it is

Want give em names tho :D?
how i do shading btw >.<?
Everyone can make ships.... They just need one thing.... Imagination