Nachus' Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nachus
Ensign
Ensign

Nachus' Ships

Post by Nachus »

Alright, first up, the "B-1 Mine Layer" and yes, it does work.

C-1 Morbid Blade
Firing main weapon (purple, overpowered railgun)

C-2 It Came From Behind
Weapons deployed

K-1 Unstable Wind
The inner workings

K-2 Vorpal Defender

S-1 Weapons Research

Luxury Transport (has crap load of point defense)
Inner workings

These all clog up my processor when I do huge battles, so I also have a bunch of crappy ships for epic space battles. Most of these achieve unparalleled levels of ugly (makes them more fun to blow up), but this one I kinda like.
"Unexpected Arrival"
The phrase "looks okay for being crap" comes to mind, but I still love it for some reason :) .

Please give feed back, specifically on the names.
Last edited by Nachus on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

This is your FIRST post?! Wow. I like the ships a lot, and I admit that while they aren't masterpieces, they avoid a great number of newbie mistakes. Welcome to the forums!
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Nachus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nachus »

Iv'e been lurking for a good long while. When I first downloaded the game I made between thirty to forty ships before realizing the importance of proper sprite organization, so I wiped my directory, reloaded the game and sprites and started anew. So while this is my first post (well, second now), it is certainly not my first ships; those are floating somewhere in the digital aether.

Plus, new ship.
Its a "core transport ship" used to transport and protect the powerful ship cores used on military class ships. Based of Horse Monsters metagame 2.0 rules, and follows them completely sans the aegis field.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Pretty much the only problem with your ships is that they lack detail. The shapes are good, the shading/colouring is good, the actual section placement is good, but they simply lack anything that would stick in a person's mind. Work on the detail, and your ships will become a lot better.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Imaillusion wrote:Pretty much the only problem with your ships is that they lack detail
Gotta disagree with this. He makes decent use of doodads, weapon placement, and glows. Also looks like he has small green sections simulating some kinda detail but i can't tell what. The station's concept is good too!
Nachus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nachus »

Thanks Raul, but Ima. has a point for some of the ships. I've updated "It Came From Behind" with some circuits, yay or nay?

EDIT: New ship "C-3 Assassin's Blade"
Metagame 2.0 compatible, size 90.

EDIT AGAIN: Yet another ship "Luxury Cruise Liner".
If the shield is destroyed, this armor deploys around the bio-domes.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

That big ship uses way too many sections of the same type, next to each other. Cut out the repetition, or put different sections over them.

The smaller ship is okay, it's a bit flat but thats's not really a problem for a ship that size.
Nachus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nachus »

Overhauled "D-1 Anvil of Thor"