Shock Ships: The Progen Second Generation Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Do the ships look better with or without the electric fins?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3

Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Pink? You know what, that actually somehow WORKS! I don't know how, but... I like it!
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Well, the only reason I went with it was because I couldn't figure out ANY other combination that worked. Also, I'm with you, I have no idea why it looks so good, but it works so I'm not complaining. All ships have been recolored. Here they are:
Saber mk1 v2
Deleted
Cutlass mk1 v2
Deleted
Dagger mk1
Deleted
Rapier mk1
Deleted
These will be frigates and I may go back and do some tweaking, and I still need to add the weapons, but how does the fleet look now? C&C welcome still.
Last edited by Blue-Rex on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The pink actually does work (who would've known?), and the section usage is better.

The only thing you have to do now is refine your ships (make them more streamlined, add some more minor details, etc.)
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Now, this is a small ship, so I don't know what kind of details I can put on these without them feeling cluttered, besides weapons and systems of course. what details do you think would work?
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Ok, big bump. i finally finished some of my original ships
Saber:
Cutlass:
Rapier:
Dagger:
All are fully armed, and I am modifying them now. I still need to balance the Rapier and Dagger. I will post down loads soon, but im about to go on vacation so it won't be for a while.
Also, on another unrelated note. Do the ships look better with or without the fins?
Edit: deleted for space!
C&C welcome, and yes, I know I need different name, but that's what they are saved as, and until I come up with some cool names, they will be referred by that name.

EDIT: Also, I think I will change the dagger's weapons because during alpha testing they seemed weak, but I may also make it a bait type ship. I just haven't decided yet.
Last edited by Blue-Rex on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

You can get rid of the black portion on the shields by setting their blend mode to additive. It will look...bad if the back arc starts obscuring a planet or you have a sun there.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Blue-Rex wrote:Also, on another unrelated note. Do the ships look better with or without the fins?
They look better with the fins, keep them
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Huge bump this time! I had spring break to work on my stuff, and got a lot done. New ships have been weaponized and balanced. Download soon.
The Fleet as it stands:
Aron Class Corvette:

Image Image
Designed around the powerful Photon energy cannon she carries, the Aron is a true capital killer. The new energy systems have given this bird just enough power to hold a few other weapons besides just her main cannon. Deadly on her own, she is nearly unstoppable in groups. Usually used to compliment a group.
Eari Class Corvette:

Image Image
Built for hit and run, the large wall of fire put out by this ship can bind up any point defense. Usually used in groups of 3-4, this ship is used for recon or patrols.
Emith Class Corvette:

Image Image
The smallest support craft available, the Emith carries dual EMP torp. launchers as her main weapon. Used in task forces to help contain large ships by disabling offensive and defensive power for a period of time.
Thes Class Frigate:

Image Image
The newest ship to roll off of the assembly lines, the Thes is the only ship in active service using the new broad-wing coolant system instead of the older multi-wing system. This coupled with the huge amount of Stabilized Cyanon it contains allows the Thes to hold a huge amount of firepower for its size.
Trieb Class Frigate:

Image Image
Mainly used for long distance bombardment, the Trieb holds more heavy firepower in place of its smaller close-range weaponry.
Leas Class Frigate:

Image Image
Although destroyer sized, the Leas is the last remaining ship of the Progen's first fleet. Through the years, time and time again, this ship has proven itself in battle. Through the last refitting, it's energy systems, shield and coolant systems, and its armor have been upgraded. This ship has been reclassified from a full assault role to a support-assault role. The healing pods are able to heal a fleet in record time, keeping ships in the field for much longer periods of time. Don't expect to see this ship disappear any time soon.

Each ship has a picture of it without any boof & foof for C&C reasons, and then a pic of its final assembly. C&C welcome, and I give credit to Squishy for helping me fix a problem with the Aron Main cannon. When I get the time I will post a background story, but for now, just make due. I have a lot on my plate so don't expect a quick update. these ships are pretty well balanced, and work well together as a fleet. Testing has been done, and no weapon changes are needed in the future. I will put up a download soon as well, so be prepared. First page has been updated, so if you want to look at the rest of the fleet, they are posted there. Have a nice day. :wink:
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Some of the smaller ships are a bit bulky and blockly, they could probaly be a bit more streamlined. The larger ships are okay.

Also, whats with the 2 versions of each ship? Do those electro-side wings come out when the ship moves, or something?
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Great, that is exactly what I was going for. The Progens have a tendency of building bulky looking ships, and they go more for ability than looks, but they still want to look good. Even the larger ships I am working on have that bulky feeling, more of an Irish boxer, than a samurai warrior( first analogy that comes to mind :) ). Both types can do a lot of damage, but in different styles. The extra pictures were there so people could get a better look at the ship with out all the extras such as weapons, modules etc. as stated before on the bottom of the post. Also, they were put in place so you all could look for minor mistakes I might have missed.

EDIT: I don't want to sound rude, but your post tells me you didn't read everything before you replied with your opinion. I thank you for your thoughts, but I really don't like to repeat myself. Thank you for your input though. I plan on putting up a download soon, so everybody can try them out for themselves. When my schedule allows it, I will try to get them up, but don't expect something soon. C&C still greatly appreciated.
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

Simply, I like your ships, very interestign designs. Next ship: Capital class! :D
I was banned for bandodging.
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Shock Ships: The Progen Second Generation Fleet

Post by Blue-Rex »

Well, since all my school work was done for the summer, and I finally had some open time again, I was able to get back to the Progen Fleet. Last time I worked on this, I was able to finish all the small ships,and was working on the capital class ships when I was drawn away for finals. Im back and have the first cruisers of the PSGF. C&C Welcome always.
Adeno Class Cruiser
Saraxi Class Cruiser
Hontos Class Cruiser
Irarad Class Cruiser
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Shock Ships: The Progen Second Generation Fleet

Post by Imaillusion »

With practically all the ships, except maybe the third one, the middle area looks too cluttered and messy, the sections there need to be broken up with more shading, or colouring. With the first ship, the light grey areas at the front look out of place, and should probaly be darkened, so they blend in with the surrounding sections.

The ships are also kinda... blocky, they feel fat and cumbersome, which isn't really a bad thing, but I don't know whether this is intentional or not