Hello, It's Rose here. Few ships, slightly pink ones.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Siniruusu
Ensign
Ensign

Hello, It's Rose here. Few ships, slightly pink ones.

Post by Siniruusu »

Good evening.

I have few ships, and I'd like to know how well made they are... So I thought of stealing some space from the forum in order to get some kind of advice on how to continue on building more ships, or to stop building ships for good.

´Goodbye´

It is pink, I like pink. The ship has a big laser turret, but no other weapons yet. The ships name will change, most likely.

'True'

This one opens up, and fires a Large Railgun, It still does not work. I can't make the fake aegis on the wings to fade when the ship is in closed state. I'm building the ship in its open form.

'The Archiver'

With three blazing hot energy cannons and a ship faster than my pants, what can go wrong?

I like to make my ships Metagame-balanced, although they usually don’t follow all the technology rules. And I have built ships before this, for half a year or so when bored, but they have been mostly horrible.

Some stuff, that ain't so good, or it's what I think:

'Kite'

Very weird, could have been good...

'Shade'

Two batteries of cannons in front. I think the cannons are a bit too big. And the color is wrong =P.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Siniruusu on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Oooh.
Pwetty...
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

The shape overall shape of the ship is solid, and the section-usage is really nice. The pink glowy bits might be a tad bit too saturated, but otherwise the colors are working too.
I really like how the pink glowy bits poke out through the holes in the engines in the back, it makes for some nice detail.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Not half bad, actually. I'm not a huge fan of the pinkness (it's come out as more of a magenta tone, which might be why) but the shading is spot on.
Chiiro wrote:I really like how the pink glowy bits poke out through the holes in the engines in the back, it makes for some nice detail.
This. Also, the rear/central redness reminds me of the ADAM extraction needles used by the Little Sisters in Bioshock.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

You've got really nice coloring on this ship. The section usage at the front is also really nice. I'm not exactly a fan of the color but that's just opinion. :D
Siniruusu
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Siniruusu »

Ooh, thanks. It seems like the ship was okay, I think I'll post an other ship now too. It is not so pretty as the first one though.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

*looks at the second ship. Hey that looks a lot like one of my ships... Meh.

You've got a good idea for section usage, and the shapes you're using are pretty good. I say tone down the pink a bit, it contrast with the rest of the ship too much.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Pretty good ships. Not too gratuitous use of gnr_sw sprites, and saturation isn't too high on the pink. The Kite's outer arms are very... oddily oval-shaped. There's just something not right about that.

The arms are done well on the 'True'. I also see some shading depthing going on at the edges.

Overall, good work, and keep on building!
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.