Jinxonian Shipyard

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Jinxonian Shipyard

Post by Jinxicus »

Myrmidon - Gunboat

This is my first ship in a series. It is an extreme range gunboat designed for the "Vera" faction (the first of three). The ship fires fission torpedoes packing a huge payload over vast distances. While its weapon systems are quite potent the Myrmidon is fragile and painfully slow to maneuver.

With no short range capabilities or point defense it must rely on support from other ships. If caught alone the Myrmidon can employ a long range emergency jump device. However once used the device takes a considerable amount of time to recharge making its use very limited.

Edit: The original Myrmidon was, well it was horrendously ugly. No real nice way around it. After collecting every single sprite I could get my dirty little hands on I have managed to give ol' Myrmidon a make over.

Before
After

Anyhow I apologize for attempting to blind you all, I promises it won't happen again.

(Edit: I am still rebuilding the trigger network on the new version, I will put up the dl when its done)
This ship uses a network or triggers to animate its firing sequence. Allot of time has been spent tweaking the ship, enjoy.

-J
Last edited by Jinxicus on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Saturation of the colors are way too high. The first link doesn't work and requires you to log on to Google, try using Imageshack? I can't quite tell right now, as there's only half the ship (or so) to see.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

Fixed the pic, I forgot to give viewing permissions. I also added some more animation and updated the dl link.

As far as the colors are concerned, I think they look good in the sandbox.

Tell me what you think after you have seen it in action...

-J
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

I really think that is cluttered around the center and, what i'm asuming is the front, front.
The ship itself looks like it could have potential but we need to here what other people have to say first right? :D

Also use this to post your pictures its better than imageshack!
VVVVVV
http://www.Filesmelt.com use the simple for pictures!
easy as that!

Also the Download link doesn't work....
just thought to tell you :lol:
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

Dat Viymese wrote:I really think that is cluttered around the center and, what i'm asuming is the front, front.
The ship itself looks like it could have potential but we need to here what other people have to say first right? :D

Also use this to post your pictures its better than imageshack!
VVVVVV
http://www.Filesmelt.com use the simple for pictures!
easy as that!

Also the Download link doesn't work....
just thought to tell you :lol:

What does the link do? I just uploaded a new zip..

??

The front is the right side, the body of the ship is the center and the two pontoon looking parts are cannons. The cannons go through a loading and firing animation sequence. They also pivot on the glowing circles (10 degree turret) you can see layered under them and the ships body.

Essential the ship is a big gun.

I will check out filesmelt, thanks..

-J
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

it says the following...
Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

Please check the address and try again.

[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

OK google is out of a job, huzzah for filesmelt!

The download is up there now. Hopefully that will be the end of the embarrassing "der da der" moment I was having.

-J
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

Okay here is your ship deconstructed to show the internal strucureand where things go!
here is the first weakest spot...
and then the second weakest spot...
which then leads to the destruction of everything connected to EITHER OF THEM
Don't make it easy to kill the ship...
one of my ships nearly died until it killed one of those to peices...aethsetically speaking this is very bad but the ship in sandbox mode is great but it lagges in the reload sequence sometimes...
sorry i took up so much space='(

Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

Well I am glad you like the animations. They took a long time to throw together; mostly due to lack of experience.

As for the week spots the circle was by design, however I have not built the other ships by which it will be balanced. I will adjust the parenting on the piece you colored green as that was accidental. I may increase the HP on the circle when I get into balancing the ships.

The ship itself has vary little HP. It’s a long range support ship. Also it’s medium in scale to the other ships it is being built with. I have not seen any lag; I use the computer lab at my college which is full of blazing fast comps. Once I get some of the other ships built maybe you can help me test the balance.

BTW can I check out your ship?
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

I am very jealous that you can use a college lab room... :cry:
I don't get one of those yet!
The ships section thats round is a great addition!
But you've got to make it so that the ship can survive another long ranging ships attack okay?
My ship has 450 health...350 more than yours and YOUR ship took it down to one hundred in about 3 minutes taking away about 80 health away every hit...mine took about 50 per hit and it destroyed the two front nose sections and exposed the GREEN weak-spot...

Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

I am rebuilding the ship using better sprites and a proper color color scheme...

-J
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

Whoops
Last edited by Jinxicus on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Jinxonian Shipyard

Post by Jinxicus »

Sorry I meant to edit the first post and ended up making a new one. Anyone know why the Filesmelt pics keep breaking?

New ships in the first post with Photobucket pics now...

-J
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

OMG!, that Huge Circular sections looks horrible, please! remove, or replace, that two Over-Scretched things for a group of sections.
Someone here is ophthalmologist, my eyes are totally destroyed...
I was banned for bandodging.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

*agrees with Bentusi...

Those two masive, stretched blobs (or whatever they are), have basically ruined an otherwise perfectly good ship

Section usage is a bit messy and random, but I quite like it for some reason. Rather unique colour choice that you are using, which is really well done. The overall shape is good.

So, get rid of those blobs, it becomes a better ship as a result