Cynsye's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

LactoseTolerant wrote:The olive color fits well. The Anthe is well done, nice and small. The Kallichore's center sprite stands out from the rest of the ship, it's size seems disproportionate. The Siarnaq feels a bit "flat" from the outer gnr-sw sprites, but no other complaints there.
="Anna"] I disagree entirely about clutter in the middle. There's a damn lot of detail, yes, but it's neat and well structured detail that doesn't burn the eyes. I kinda like it. Have you been lurking a long time, Cynsye? Or are you an older member come back under a new name? Either way, your shipbuilding skills are quite impressive for someone so new to the forums. Bravo.
Don't take that lightly. Anna hardly gives positive reviews, so take it as a big accomplishment. I've been around for a bit, and i've hardly gotten noticed :lol: .
Heh, good to know. Yeah.. the Siarnaq is a bit flat but I see that as curved, close fitting armour plates (those sections have more HP). Good spot on the Kallichore.. I'd managed to stretch that sprite somehow. I think it looks better when its the right size.
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

It's starting to get more difficult to build a ship with a maximum number of parts, and use sprites that are big enough but also detailed enough :S . I think I might have to start combining some sprites into a single sprite if I want to work better with this restriction.

Anyway, next up is the Tethys class Missile Destroyer.

Size 130, armed with 4x H Missile Array, 5x Missile Launcher, 2x Extended arc H Vulcan and 2x Drone bay. It has quite a nice fan effect when it fires off its missiles :D .
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Yet another new ship. No idea how I'm going to arm this one. Did an experiment to see if I could get the max number of heavy autocannons on but it looked somewhat stupid.

Thrymr class cruiser

Size 215.. and thats it for now
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I'm kinda likin' the new ship. Great section usage. The front of the ship could flow a little better to the middle but all in all great ship!
Now all I feel you need to incorporate is some pizazz.