Blue Suns Navy

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Blue Suns Navy

Post by Atomic Avocado »

These is my first ship I deam good enough to be posted. C&C is welcome.
The Lancer Class Battleship. It was pushed into service in the year 2517 for the war against the rebels in the Zorian Sector. After the war was over, it was converted into a luxury liner. It can be equipped with:
4x Heavy Missile Batteries
8x Dual 65mm Guns (Fragmentation or Explosive Rounds)
2x 160mm Howizter Guns
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Your dream has come true. It is pretty decent. The only problem I have with this ship is that it appears slightly flat. I personally think you could use more contrast in shades of gray to simulate more depth.
Keep it up.
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

How bout this?
Also have another ship, this is the Arrowhead Class Light Destroyer
Armant is:
4x 60mm Dual Guns(Fragmentation Rounds Only)
2x Plasma Anti-Kinetic Defense Guns
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Don't think coloring is necessarily an issue at the moment. The area around the center section seems thin due to the few sprites used there. Pretty good ships for a new builder, but the doubled large sprites near the center need to be either removed or covered up with a ship-centered sprite. The back could definitely do without the repetition of the Dst-sw146's.

The Arrowhead could use some beefing all-around (adding a few more sprites, that is).
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Blade Skydancer
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Blade Skydancer »

Not bad, not bad at all. As earlier posters said, the repetition of the spinal aft should be altered. Break it up a little and the battleship will look pretty decent to my eyes. A slight issue I have is that I cannot for the life of me pick out the BB's armrament; is it unarmed in that picture?
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

@Atomic Avocado: one only real problem is that a lot of your secions your using lack any detail. Your section placement is good, your ideas for the shapes of your ships are okay, and your colouring is good. Actually, that last ship in your post should be the sort of style you should try to replicate, that's a really good ship, even if the shape is a little funny-looking
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

A slight issue I have is that I cannot for the life of me pick out the BB's armrament; is it unarmed in that picture?
No, its not armed, though the Arrowhead is.
I can't use my own advice.
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

Bump!!!!

Also got a new ship for you, this one is a differnet style.
BTW, a little backstory on this ship.
The ship is the 567-B Class Light Destroyer. It is belived to be part of an alien race outside the Horse Head Nebula. It has one energy weapon of extreme power that can easily tear a light destroyer or small corvette to shreads, but they seem to lack a point-defence system. The ship was seen first around planet 4585-BT and in sector 567-B, hence its name. They were seen in mass at the Battle of Erosia, where 6 of these ships and two other unknown ships destroyed the mining station 539 at planet Erosia. The BSN proceded to send one of its fleets to engage the enemy. On arriving, one of the unknown ships was firing its main weapon at the planet, cutting a hole right through the core. Shockwaves from the weapon disrupted the core, causing massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions before finally splitting into many pieces. The BSN opened fire on the ships, destroying one of the unknown ships and crippling one of the 567-B's.

Edit:Also fixed the back of the Lancer and "beefed" up the Arrowhead. I also added 4 light Missile batteries to the Arrowhead.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

the ships seem nice but heres an idea, make ur own name, blue suns = mass effect 2.. -.-
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

That green-purple ship has a bit too much contrast, darken the green a bit. You should also sweep back those wings a bit more. Apart from that, the section usage is fine

As for the other two ships... well, they are pretty good, but they lack... originally. Basically, they're high quality ships that people will foget pretty quickly. You need to make them more unique, so they stick into people's minds. Ships that can stick in a person's memory for a long time, in my case, are often the best ships
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

New ship in different style. The big blue thing in the back is the Reactor. Its still a WIP so no depth yet.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

It's very, very cluttered, especially around front connecting area between the arm and the body. Try using more than Mecha sprites? The few non-mecha sprites aren't cutting it.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Atomic Avocado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Atomic Avocado »

Yeah, im probably going to drop this one. I might use the rear reactor idea though.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

This new ship doesn't really work. The section usage is very cluttered and the shape needs to be changed. For the reactor, I'd use a graduated Fraxy section (blending set on additive) instead of fake aegis.