Cliché 'Empire of Man' and other random little tidbits.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Cliché 'Empire of Man' and other random little tidbits.

Post by Chiiro »

After a sudden bout of inspiration that hit me yesterday, I decided that after all this time I felt like I might as well POST ships here on Wyrdysm.

I whipped these together yesterday in an attempt for a uniform look for my very own 'Empire of Man'.

'Stormeye' class energy-weapons destroyer.
The glowy circle at the front is the only hint you'll get that the little bastard is packing five scatterbeams with a slight case of roid-rage, and it's not even a good hint. The slanted shields in the front are aegised, the whole construction is suspectible to flanking though since all weapons point forward.

'Firstborn' class anti-strikecraft destroyer.
Two repeating artillery cannons pointing forward and six small autocannons pointing more or less everywhere for protection against small ships. Oh and yeah, those shields are part of the uniform look.

'Godsbreath' class cruiser.
One heavy-hitting artillery cannon, five autocannons and two small double-ACs. Lots of firepower but pretty slow, not all that easy to flank because of all the guns but it turns slowly so in the end getting behind those shields isn't all that difficult.

'Hellrain' class long-range missile support cruiser.
Two missile bays firing off barrages of 90 missiles over three seconds to saturate an area with explosions, and one nuke bay along the centerline for high damage to priority targets. No mid-short range weapons whatsoever.

'Worldcleanser' mobile siege platform.
Basically, just one big nuke launcher, same launch bay as on the Hellrain but with a bigger payload. Slow moving, slow turning, but it will mess your day up, son. D<

Other than that, I have a series of random creations I've thrown together over the years, most unnamed and plenty unarmed, mostly just posting these to see if any of them are a concept to keep working on.

And finally a couple of things I've had lying on my laptop for a good couple of months.

I'd love some C&C so I can keep improving, if you didn't stop looking already.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

:shock:

That's... a lot of ships. I'll start with the "Empire of Man" fleet

Basically they're all really good. Good shading, good usage of sections, nice glows. Can I ask, though, are those paper-thin sections running alongside the front of the ships supposed to be shields, or something?

Another question: with the seige platform, does the entire thing rotate, or does only those longs sections rotate around the centre, and the rest of the platform stay fixed in place

Onto the other ships...

I like the first one, the firth one (and i'll like it more if the front is a bit more pointy), and the first and second ones from the laptop
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Well ill be damned, you can actually build ships, and quite decent ones at that. Now thats a positive surprise.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Imaillusion wrote:Can I ask, though, are those paper-thin sections running alongside the front of the ships supposed to be shields, or something?
You mean the aegis lines?

Some of the EOM fleet I really like, such as the color scheme, and some is just not my style. Mostly well done throughout though.I like the use of the rotating ammo clip gifs on the hellrain, and the second random ship is pretty nice too! I woulda done the shield a bit differently but that could produce a fleet all its own.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

This is just my personal opinion but not a fan of the EOM color scheme but that's me. For the random ships i like the 3th one nice use of glow on the back. As for the ones from your laptop again the 3th one is good i like the overall shape. The dark green and gray look nice on it. Ships are nice not the best ever but good.
Last edited by fatrat600284 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

...Chiiro building ships?! What's going on?

...where's the real Chiiro and what have you done with him?!

That aside, p. good stuff. I have no real input for you right now.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I like these ships, they are really quite good, not much needed to improve on them, however they don't look like typical Human ships, but thats not a bad thing, as typical Human ships look boring. =P
Well done on these.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

So what inspired you? Share your muse with us.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Very nice work Chiiro. I like the clean, uniform style of the Empire ships.
A WILD ZUBAT APPEARS

(I can't be the only one who thought this.)
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Imaillusion wrote: Basically they're all really good. Good shading, good usage of sections, nice glows. Can I ask, though, are those paper-thin sections running alongside the front of the ships supposed to be shields, or something?

Another question: with the seige platform, does the entire thing rotate, or does only those longs sections rotate around the centre, and the rest of the platform stay fixed in place
The glowy red things in the front are shields, aegised with low HP, meaning they're invinsible until you break over the threshold. No other shields anywhere though.
Kaelis wrote:Well ill be damned, you can actually build ships, and quite decent ones at that. Now thats a positive surprise.
Arcalane wrote:...Chiiro building ships?! What's going on?
...where's the real Chiiro and what have you done with him?!
That aside, p. good stuff. I have no real input for you right now.
Oh, you two, why do you sound so surprised?! D':
Squishy wrote:So what inspired you? Share your muse with us.
Mostly, AD's recent thread and random things I've been scribbling down in my sketchbook.

Otherwise it seems like an overall 'Good, not great. Nothing specifically horrible to complain about'
Alright, I'll see if I can't keep going in the same direction and update sometime soon.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Chiiro wrote:Oh, you two, why do you sound so surprised?! D':
Because you haven't built ships in a dog's age. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Chiiro wrote:Otherwise it seems like an overall 'Good, not great. Nothing specifically horrible to complain about'
Alright, I'll see if I can't keep going in the same direction and update sometime soon.
Yeah, exactly. Decent, but nothing spectacular. Im not a fan of the fleet, and the others are a bit... bland. Its hard to say specifically whats wrong with them, but they lack something special, something that would make them stand out.
Arcalane wrote:
Chiiro wrote:Oh, you two, why do you sound so surprised?! D':
Because you haven't built ships in a dog's age. :P
Actually, i don't remember him ever building any ships at all...
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

So Chiiro builds ships? They're pretty nice. I like the Zubat, the cross-shaped ship and the green fleet (the last ships).
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Just realized, from jwa's post, that what I was looking at the ageis parenting lines :?
Kaelis wrote:Yeah, exactly. Decent, but nothing spectacular.
"Decent, but can be spectacular" would be the correct term :cool:
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

The Zubat is awesome. And the fleet has a certain flow to it, as in, I find that your shipbuilding style fits with what it should do.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~