need critisism before opening a shipyard...

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

need critisism before opening a shipyard...

Post by evildude »

hellowww everybody... i would like to didecate myself to fighters and light cruizers but i before making a shipyard out of it id like to have criticis

upper left corner is the graros
upper right is seiga
middle is the skorpion
bottom left is deijag
and bottom right is eskor

a group of skorpions attacking nagaya[/list]
[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=evildude]don't click this link...OR ELSE!!!......[/url]
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

There seems to be a problem with your image. Try again.
evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

oh ?

Post by evildude »

beacause i see them okay...
[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=evildude]don't click this link...OR ELSE!!!......[/url]
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Kiltric wrote:There seems to be a problem with your image. Try again.
Image works fine on my side. It might be your browser.

Nothing really special here, i'm mostly glad that it's not a huge jumble of repetition or random sprites. The Garos's outline looks interesting, it's probably worth considering building a larger version. Nothing particularly eye catching, but nothing necessarily eye-burning.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Nothing really special here, i'm mostly glad that it's not a huge jumble of repetition or random sprites. The Garos's outline looks interesting, it's probably worth considering building a larger version. Nothing particularly eye catching, but nothing necessarily eye-burning.
Basically what he said. All of your ships, except for maybe Graros, aren't really that good, in that the sections you used, how they are used, and the overall way you percive your ships is pretty outdated (these sort of designs died out a long time ago)

That being said, since these are probaly your first ships, and you did ask for some advice, I will give you some...

1. Go to fourm index and click on the custom content page. You'll find a ton of different section sprites to use, which will make your ships more unique. If you want, you can even make your own sections to suit your style. And for that matter, go to the Shipmaking Info And Resources page, where you'll find any addition infomation and also some more guides.

2.Look at other people's ships. Any of them. Even the bad ones. Because when doing this you'll not only get a feel of what good and bad ships look like, you'll also probaly be reading the post from other people, explaining why a ship is good or bad.

3.Keep posting ships. People will be willing to offer more criticism and help as you go.

Wants to write more, but is too lazy... :cool:
evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by evildude »

thanks man
i didnt know stuff like that could become outdated...
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

I think your ships aren't that bad, I mean, besides the Left bottom one. I also don't think they are very special, so you shouldn't give them cool names, like the scorpion. Also scorpion isn't very original.
I know I should first get the log out of my own eye before putting it into someone else's.

For instance: I should change my signature.
Bomen zijn relax