Some Randoms

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Do the new basestar, you know, the one with the inverted 3-pointed stars. :P
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

working on the new style basestar but its rather difficult. This though took about a half hour and im very happy with it. I know its not exact but I modeled it after the Columbia class.actually if I wanted to, the outriggers are scalled correctly to retract. It has armor that can be destroyed to reveal additional ribbing.Still gotta shade and such but mainly wanted something to fight the classic basestar.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

:x
Colombia class is shaded and deploys flight pods for combat.
ImageImage
Just laid out the Mercury class, though a number of sections on the Primary and forward hull will change since I didn't have a referance pic to work with so i know some areas are wrong; i was basically just going for the scale differnce beteen the two rather than accuracy.
Image The Mercury is up to about 50 weapons but i plan to add more since right now the Columbia can almost trounce it. The big cannons are just placeholders so they won't look liek that. Not going for Battlestar Millenium here :lol:

Got the arms laid out on the modern battlestar, dubbed Ragnarok class. Just gotta fill in the core, add detail to the lower 'exposed' half, and arm it. not sure what the scale is between battlestars and the new basestars but mercury class is a third larger than galactica and the Ragnarok class is at least a third larger than mercury. Anyone got figures on the size differance?
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

if you want to, maybe asking on wolfs if you could convert some of the turrets on the BSG parts sheet, some of those look pretty sweet, your doing better than i thought you would, keep up the good work.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Good idea and I already have a few converted since those were already released for general use. Do you know a good picture of a Tiger destroyer? I get the impression their considered close to cannon but all the shots I find are fanmade. Anyway, anyone whos seen a picture will see its not perfect but i tried. Till i find more information on it, its the colonials later attempt to match the raw firepower of the cylon ships, but at the sacrafice of defense and durability. The colonial ships were better quality but as the war went on corners were cut. In this case it also sacrafises armor for speed, almost being able to out manuver the heavier missiles. Its also cheaper than battlestars, and integrates the virtual intelligence tech to protect it from cylon EW.

Only bout 20 minutes of work so if theres any glaring errors lemme know cuz im too tired to see em!
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

A more to scale version of the Valkyrie..i knowits not exact but im mainly trying to get the different classes balanced to eachother in terms of size and armarment. they do have alot of guns but i never thought battlestars were armed well enough for their size, and the new basestar will ooze missiles and fighters so it should work out :) In terms of story, this class would replace teh colombia class as the front liner of the fleet and be more economical and manuverable than the power house mercury class.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Very "terran", in my opinion. Would be perfect as counterparts for the pirates in the metagame. The scaled down Valkyrie is nice, but the repetition around the engines need to go.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Thanks LT. Not sure what you mean by the repetition, unless you mean the 4 engine but each one would look alike wouldn't it? i tired something differnt with this battlecruiser. Still finishing it but so far its roughly a match for the mercury class long as it has a good pilot. Once I upgrade its EW and point defense systems and add a few more weapons, it will definitly best it!
Are my images showing up ok? having a problem with proxies where certain sites aren't recognizing my connection so im having to use imageshack instead of photobucket. :cry:
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Raul wrote:Thanks LT. Not sure what you mean by the repetition, unless you mean the 4 engine but each one would look alike wouldn't it? i tired something differnt with this battlecruiser. Still finishing it but so far its roughly a match for the mercury class long as it has a good pilot. Once I upgrade its EW and point defense systems and add a few more weapons, it will definitly best it!
Are my images showing up ok? having a problem with proxies where certain sites aren't recognizing my connection so im having to use imageshack instead of photobucket. :cry:
Was looking at this:

(The gnr-sw101s)

The new ship is fine, the engine seems to be cut off because of the straight line bordering the jwa_maine. The shape isn't particularly interesting, though the front is well done.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

fiddled some more with this one.Currently at 130 sections, 94 weapons. Looking for better sections for the reactor area to get rid of that line...
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Raul wrote:fiddled some more with this one.Currently at 130 sections, 94 weapons. Looking for better sections for the reactor area to get rid of that line...
why not do a bit of paint editing, just take the section and open it in paint, copy, paste it in,flip it, turn on the transparency on the side, and putting it against the other part with a gap, then manually colouring the thin line in the middle, then save as and call it something like {sectionname-1a|} then save it, should be easier than looking for another fitting section.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Some random creations, not finished really.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

updated the valkyrie to get rid of the engine repetition and make the fleet match a bit more
The Retiaris, another random creation. A battleship/carrier hybrid, it is only half armed and shaded.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

One last battlestar, will probably be my last attempt. gave it multiple layers including depthed engine and weapon components that wouldn't really be seen unless most of the ship is destroyed. Its not armed and barely shaded, but i added a picture without some of the armor plating to give an idea.

I know the sectionwork is sloppy in places but i till have alot of work to do.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Re: Colonial fleet + some randoms

Post by Raul »

Wow do i seriously need to do a different style? thought these were turning out pretty good...meh, this will be the last battlestar anyway. Undecided on weather to bother posting the new basestar.
The warstar Helios
I'd kinda like to fix the front of the flight pods to curve with the flow of the ship but we will see. All the plating can be blown away to reveal ribbing or internal components, flack field functions well enough, and still debating on wheather to add a jumpdrive.
The whole fleet will be released as a download by next week once I tweak the balancing on the older ships.