TSA's Thread

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

TSA's Thread

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Hey,

It's been a while. Anything happen while I was gone?
This is my first ship in a long time so I didn't know if I'd still have my mojo.

The brief I gave myself for this ship was pretty simple, a ship that looked like one of those ridiculous fantasy swords you find on the internet.
I only had a vague idea of what I wanted so in the event it didn't turn out quite how I imagined.

The more observant of you may notice that the majority of sections used here are not from the Uraki_SW pack. These are in fact the pre-Shipwrightizator versions, all hand shipwrighted but never released. The look of them is slightly different.

Anyway see what you think. Ladies and Gents, I give you the Heartrender.

And some unifinished alternates
ImageImage

TSA
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Sorry if this isn't helpful critism, but this is pure awesome!
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

yea i don't think anyone can criticize this thing...its just so freakin amazing!
naysayers will be shot
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Kewl. I like the new curved look to your ships. I really don't know where you get your inspiration but I'd like to know.
The sections around frontal blue energy ball(?) don't quite flow together at the tops of the circle (if that makes any sense). Otherwise, awesome.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The jagged edges near the front of the ship don't really go with the other, smooth external contours of the ship. Consider changing this.

Otherwise, this is absolutely gorgeous. I wish you'd release these as a pack. The sections look great.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I dunno. I don't mind the jagged edges too much. Anyway, it's good to see you back, TSA. Fairly nice design there. Certainly interesting.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
WTF!!! Those ships are amazing, beatifull, lovely desding, the red are the best for me. POST THE DOWNLOAD PLEASE!!! :D Oh and continue the fleet!!! :wink:
I was banned for bandodging.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Absolutely loving the curves on the ship. Heartrending indeed. I can see very well why you won the HS award so quickly. The only nitpick I have are the three prongs on the back of the ship that jut out too much.

And does the center-front area rotate?
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Absolutely loving the curves on the ship. Heartrending indeed. I can see very well why you won the HS award so quickly. The only nitpick I have are the three prongs on the back of the ship that jut out too much.

And does the center-front area rotate?
I have to agree on that. It stands out and doesn't flow that well with the "curve" theme, but I think a bit of mixing is alright.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858