combinations of the ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

SASKIA
TEMP-BANNED

combinations of the ships

Post by SASKIA »

i decided to combine some of them such as EOS and PEITHO in to one ship
and Cronus and Arcas
AND Hecate AND the Athena
try it out
i just got pictures of them and used exactly the same parts but just in different places
will post pictures when i can
[/img]
SASKIA
TEMP-BANNED

The ATHENATE

Post by SASKIA »

let me know what you all think
should have to copy and paste the link as it won't show the images for some reason
first is the PEITHOS
http://img511.imageshack.us/i/peithos.png/
Second is the ATHENATE
http://img442.imageshack.us/i/athenate.png/
And Last but not least is the ARONUS
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/aronus.png/
these are all the battlecruisers.
next i am going to do the destroyers.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

alrite, to tell you the truth, the "peithos" is perhaps the ugliest thing i've seen since i was a registered member. The core is way too exposed and there are spindly parts everywhere. not to mention there is no section flow.

the "athenate" well, what the heck were you thinking? the Hecate and the Atheana are the SAME SHIP with different weapons. The colors on those also ruin the design.

now the "aronus" isn't too bad. Once again it has jacked up colors but for a stock style ship the shape is nice.

may i suggest to you SW style sections (or just custom sections period)?
they really do improve the looks of ships....with a few exceptions of course

Welcome to the forums....

Edit* also you know you can hotlink a picture to here by putting the "forum hotlink" in between [img]and[/img] ?
naysayers will be shot
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Wow. Just wow.

These are complete, utter shit. Seriously.

However, with this exclusive, one time offer, you can now make them better!

All you have to do is follow some advice!

First off: Choose some different colors. Switch to grayscale. These stock colors suck balls.

Second: Use non-stock parts. All I see is BSF_stock. Go to the custom content section, download some into your custom sprites folder in your BSF folder.

Open them up, open up SM, drag the parts into group arrange, save the custom sprites as an .ini. You can open up that configuration any time you start up SM.

I suggest Kaelis parts first, but any other parts also work.

Third: Your angles clash horribly. Right angles never look good on a ship. And you have jutting angles everywhere. Get rid of the jutting angles and make a smooth ship or a blocky ship. Smooth and blocky looks horrible.

Fourth: Never use aegis or deflectors. If you do, set their color to black so we don't see it. It looks like crap, it smells like crap, it is crap.

Fifth: Get rid of the weapons. All of them. You can depth weapons by pressing "W" so they hide underneath sections, but until then, just get rid of all of them. We don't compete by weapons on the forums, we compete by aesthetics.

If you read all of this, good for you. You're on your first steps to becoming a great shipbuilder.

If you don't, then at least follow this advice: lurk and look at theHoly Ship! thread. It will inspire you.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
SASKIA
TEMP-BANNED

Post by SASKIA »

the reason for the right angles and the weapons on the top is that i was only using the exact same parts that are on the ships i used.
i would like to see you make one better using normal parts.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

SASKIA wrote:i would like to see you make one better using normal parts.

you did not just say that....
this'll be fun

permission to post a stock ship in this thread?
naysayers will be shot
SASKIA
TEMP-BANNED

Post by SASKIA »

if you like
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

this is something i just whipped together for the lulz...and to pretty much prove you wrong since i'm siding with inteuniso
naysayers will be shot
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Doogie12 wrote:-snip-
this is something i just whipped together for the lulz...and to pretty much prove you wrong since i'm siding with inteuniso
How in the bloody world is this a stock ship? It has less 'stock' sections than custom sections, uses fake aegis something stock ships din't have the luxury of, its scaled up so much from a stock ship its not funny, and the defensive weapons are broken against stock balancing. It doesn't look stock, it doesn't play stock. Also it looks horrible. =|
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

SASKIA wrote:the reason for the right angles and the weapons on the top is that i was only using the exact same parts that are on the ships i used.
i would like to see you make one better using normal parts.
Uhm, no offense, but the entire idea of smushing two stock ships together is stupid, limiting, and pointless. Seriously, you can't expect that to look good.

Why don't you try designing something that looks good from scratch? It'd probably turn out a lot better once you tear off the stupid limitations you're artificially tacking on for no purpose whatsoever! I'm pretty sure it will turn out loads better.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

How in the bloody world is this a stock ship? It has less 'stock' sections than custom sections, uses fake aegis something stock ships din't have the luxury of, its scaled up so much from a stock ship its not funny, and the defensive weapons are broken against stock balancing. It doesn't look stock, it doesn't play stock. Also it looks horrible. =|
I was about to argue until i realized your right. I built this thing like a year ago so i didn't pay attention to what i used just now, srry,

carry on!
naysayers will be shot
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

SASKIA wrote:i would like to see you make one better using normal parts.
I accept your challenge heartily, good sir!

Here is my first challenge ship, in horribly neon green:

In more eye-pleasing grayscale:

And in classy SWA-style:
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Ugh, please.

Amateurs. :|

Pseudo-Stock-Style, Raptor-class Missile Battleship:

Pseudo-Stock-Style, Terranized Eos:

MRA-verse, Skimmer-class Light Somethingorother:

MRA-verse, Lightbringer-class Heavy Destroyer:

ALL pre-CE, so no fancy tricks, no new weapons, nothing.

Now all we need is for someone to post Anna' stuff. :P
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I'll just direct him to this thread: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0