Here and back again.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Anna wrote: Very, very nice. Very clean. Seems to be lacking a little, though... I don't really know for sure what. Seems like it could do with some more detailed bits that look like they might have some purpose other than decoration, I guess. Maybe that's just me.
While I wasn't able to add some parts that add "purpose" to the Ibirujo, I added a few bits and pieces as well as some glows that might help a bit. Here is the result:

I also tried to make some improvements to both versions of the previous cruiser I posted earlier. I hope it improves both versions.

Version 1

Version 2

Unfortunately I have not been able to make as many ships as I hoped since my return, however I am currently working on a few more in which I may release sooner or later.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Here is a ship I have been working on.

The Biezuun

Still adding a few details here and there, mostly doodads and such.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Looks like something that should transform to attack mode or something with all those round 'joints'. Almost too similar to the last one's shape, and seems a bit plain by comparison, but I imagine once you add the doodads and such it will be able to stand alone.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

That blue-teal outlining for those circle-sections don't really suit the rest of the ship at the moment. But then again you haven't added any doodads or anything yet, so hopefully they compliment those colours.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well progress has been slow to completely non-existent, but I managed to turn out a new carrier-class ship.

I haven't coloured it yet, and I feel that the back end can use a bit of improvement, but overall I think it turned out okay.

Also doodads for Biezuun.

Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

lovely ships, i like that sections... where i can find they?
I was banned for bandodging.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

So that's how one uses your sprites. I love the side "shields" on the carrier, it feels nice and robust with the sprites underneath supporting it. The back is somewhat empty, compared to the front.

The Biezunn feels somewhat fragile, due to the abundance of gapes in between the arms, as well in the extensions. Masterful work, still.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

See the grey ship, with the 4 front pointy sections? Shorten the outer ones, it will make the front look more streamlined

For the Biezuun, lengthen it just a bit. I imagine it looking more thinner and sleeker that way (it looks fine as it is, so you don't have to)
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

This is personal taste talking, but I actually like the first two ships that you posted much better. Maybe because the color scheme is grey. I always like grey colors. The new ships are a tad too spindly for my tastes.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Here's some random aquatic ship I put together yesterday.

Bentusi wrote:lovely ships, I like that sections... where i can find they?
My sections can be found in the custom content index like all the other sections. However there are some sections that I recently made/modified that are not included in the download. I will probably update the pack some time this week.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

The new pink ship seems a little bland: seems like it's lacking a few sharp details? But the older ships are seriously impressive. Nice, clean lines and great use of the little doodads. I need to try building like that!
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

I disagree, the new aquatic ship is amazing. It has nice curves and a beautiful flow in my personal opinion and attention to detail is fantastic. Only thing I would suggest doing is maybe bringing the two front prongs closer together, but that would kill the flow.. Perhaps experiment with it, see what you like?