Germanica Shipyards (newbie ships)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LaDoncella
Ensign
Ensign

Germanica Shipyards (newbie ships)

Post by LaDoncella »

Hi, after lurking these forums for some time I decided to post a few ships.

Long Range Support Frigate - Hull 2 - Gazelle Class
3x Railgun (spinal mount)
1x Gatling gun
2x Flak Cannon
1x PD machine-gun

Heavy Beam Frigate - Hull 6 - Serpent Class
1x Dual Heavy Beam (spinal mount)
2x Heavy Beam (spinal mount)
2x Machine-gun
1x Auto-cannon
2x Flak Cannon

Armoured Destroyer - Hull 17 - Titan Class
3x Repeating Blasters
3x Blasters
4x Flak Cannon

What you think?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

There might be quite some promise in this. I'm glad to see someone who's lurked and actually made something of the experience.

Your ships are classical bricks. No more and yet no less. The internal work is quite good for a first timer, if a little cluttered on the first one and a little simple on the last. They might be just a tad too brickish, especially the destroyer, but that's personal taste.

Your colorwork and section usage is on a decent level, quite good even considering you're new. The Serpent's nose might be considered too straight, though. Might I suggest you add some antennaes or prongs? Otherwise the Gazelle's angled engine baffles look out of place.

That's about it. Solid ships, very good for a first timer. You've avoided many mistakes made by your average newbie, which is in itself an achievement. Welcome to the forums, I hope to see you improve. I believe you have quite some potential judging from these first ships.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Wow, AD said everything I was gonna say. Here's one: Try to avoid zooming in/out unless the ship is so absurdly small/large. It makes it blurs the "outline" of the sections. Can't wait to see more.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

interesting desdings, but... (on my opinion) the engines are too big, try to make the engines inside of the "border line" (fuselage) :wink: . oh, the colouring looks better in the first and second ships, the big ship need work. :)
I was banned for bandodging.
Gunzershreck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Gunzershreck »

uh where did you get those yellow shiny epic lights

I WANT THEM.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Fake Aegis in the EFF part of shipmaker. Experiment until you get something you like.
Anyway, those are some nice ships you've got there. I personally don't like the orange glow on the nose of the serpent.
All in all, you've got a good feel for ship-building.