Dynamic Crusier Concept - Needs Advice

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Dynamic Crusier Concept - Needs Advice

Post by vidboi »

recently i've been looking at a number of concept ideas and so i began constructing a ship to test them out, working from the internals upwards, however i've hit a wall now i've got to the point of actually covering the internals over, as i can't seem to get a good, consistent style going at the moment.

the main concepts i'm trying to test out are dynamic armour plating (using armour plates on arms (like to geotech project) that point towards enemy ships to deflect shots) and some nice weapon charging effects using offline force-fire teslas, but without the ship complete i can't actually put them to any use, so i'll ask for your advice on what you think i should do...
Attachments
as far as i've got with the ship. i've extended the internals and started to get the shape of certain sections of the ship, but still don't know what to cover it with
as far as i've got with the ship. i've extended the internals and started to get the shape of certain sections of the ship, but still don't know what to cover it with
a quick paint job of what i'd like the outline of the ship to look like. most of the sections at the front have since been scrapped
a quick paint job of what i'd like the outline of the ship to look like. most of the sections at the front have since been scrapped
this is the core internals of the ship, which i'm pleased with as they are
this is the core internals of the ship, which i'm pleased with as they are
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Dynamic Crusier Concept - Needs Advice

Post by Imaillusion »

Really the only thing you can do is use different combinations of sections and seeing which ones look best. Just work on one green section/area at a time (I'm refering to the paint job outlining pic), and post updates of them as they come. The moving armour plating that points at enemy ships can come later, you can do that after the main bodywork has been finished
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Re: Dynamic Crusier Concept - Needs Advice

Post by inteuniso »

I would think a combination of Kae_Mecha and Kae_Generic Might be the best use of sections to build the hull plating.

That being said, it might be a good idea to draw it out first, or model it somehow, before you make it in SM.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.