Rodgun's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bentusi wrote:normally, an anti-fighter is an Interceptor :wink:
Normally, people make intelligent comments.

But I suppose that's too much to wish for these days. :roll:

(There's such a concept as a dedicated anti-fighter ship that isn't a fighter, you know.)
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Arcalane wrote:
Bentusi wrote:normally, an anti-fighter is an Interceptor :wink:
Normally, people make intelligent comments.

But I suppose that's too much to wish for these days. :roll:

(There's such a concept as a dedicated anti-fighter ship that isn't a fighter, you know.)
Agreed. If you want an anit-fighter ship, just grab a ship, any ship, and then slap on some anti-fighter weapons on it. It's not hard.

Onto more important things...
Do you see those last two ships, Rodgun?. At the moment they are really unattractive, due to the overuse of those green coloured sections, and because of that, since people can't focus of any part of the ship, the sections look really jumbled up, really messy.

If you change those section colours to grey, and so only particlular parts of the ship where you want people to focus on are coloured green, they would look a lot better.

Can't really comment on that third last ship, it's been expanded so I can't tell how big it is.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Thus why they are WIP ships.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Alright, so I've returned with something new. Those two previous WIP ships have been scrapped. This here is a planetary station inspired on multiple other ones I've seen made on the last week.

Early-Warning Sensor Station

Equipment:

X2 .70 Cal Goliath Auto-turrets (frontal)
X2 Light Rapid-Fire AA Laser Turrets (flanks)
X1 Tri-barreled Flak Cannon
X3 Light Shield Emitters (all sharing the same generator due to the shield's low strength. They are smaller versions of standard shield emitters in order to consume less power by sharing the work, though if one fails then a large gap in the shield appears.)
X1 Long-Range Sensor Array
- Assisted by stealth-nullifying systems

This small station is located on a planet's surface, used as part of a defensive array made up of multiple combat and support stations to defend any vital locations. This facility is manned by a crew of merely five men, using the space needed for a larger crew to house a larger generator in order to power the defenses and shield the station possesses. Prefabricated, this structure can be placed anywhere rapidly since it can be separated into multiple pieces that a single dropship can carry at once in order for it to be built on-site by a small contingent of worker robots, ready for use by the poor suckers stationed in it.

Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Back again with more. Remember the Bordge destroyer? One of the two Metagame-styled ships I made? Well, the bastard got a retooling.

Before:

After:

Bio:
The Borges-class Heavy Assault Destroyer is a real powerhouse when it comes to direct confrontations. Its size is such that it borderlines small cruisers, and packs the firepower to take on such shields and still survive. When it comes to fighting, the Borges's technique is quite simple. Move forward, keep the enemy infront of you and shoot. Practice is harder than theory though. A quick ship circling around it can very well take out its engines and leave it a sitting duck since the ship itself is quite slow. Thus, fast attack frigates, corvettes, gunships and strikecraft pose a greater threat to this ship than cruisers and other destroyers. Thus, it is best used in conjunction with other support craft, or another Borges to cover its back.
Due to its role as a frontal-attack ship, the Borges's arrowhead front packs greater armor than the rest of the ship since the great majority of the attacks during a battle impact there.

Design: Made using the specs for 3rd Gen. ships regarding
Threat Rating: 200 (needed to pack all that in there.)
Equipment:
- 2X Flak Batteries
- 6X Kinetic Cannons
- 6X Automatic Kinetic Cannons
- 2X Dual-Kinetic Cannons (Twice the firepower of a regular Kinetic Cannon, but also twice the Threat Cost.)
- 1X Modified Laser Cannon (On the nose. Hits twice as hard as a normal laser cannon but takes twice as long to charge.)
- 2X Medium Beam Emitters
- 2X Twin Medium Beam Emitters
- 1X Autogun
- 1X Explosive Projector Cannon

Stats:
HP: 1500
Speed: 1.8
Turning: 0.5
Accel: 0.5
Size: 199.93
AI Range: 600

Other:
The very front of the ship, the rounded part with the purple light, is basically a larger capital ship's piece, used here to reinforce that specific point due to it being the most impacted portion of the front.
HP of mentioned section: 3000
HP of all others: Default except for the armor pieces which are basically 1500 each.

Please leave C&C and thanks in advance. Enjoy.
(No gif image because Photobucket shrunk it beyond visibility.)

EDIT: If you're curious about it, here's the GIF. Prepare for eye-sore when attempting to see through the small-ified blur.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

After:

Design: Made using the specs for 3rd Gen. ships regarding
Threat Rating: 200 (needed to pack all that in there.)
Equipment:
- 2X Flak Batteries
- 6X Kinetic Cannons
- 6X Automatic Kinetic Cannons
- 2X Dual-Kinetic Cannons (Twice the firepower of a regular Kinetic Cannon, but also twice the Threat Cost.)
- 1X Modified Laser Cannon (On the nose. Hits twice as hard as a normal laser cannon but takes twice as long to charge.)
- 2X Medium Beam Emitters
- 2X Twin Medium Beam Emitters
- 1X Autogun
- 1X Explosive Projector Cannon

Stats:
HP: 1500
Speed: 1.8
Turning: 0.5
Accel: 0.5
Size: 199.93
AI Range: 600

Please leave C&C and thanks in advance. Enjoy.
(No gif image because Photobucket shrunk it beyond visibility.)

EDIT: If you're curious about it, here's the GIF. Prepare for eye-sore when attempting to see through the small-ified blur.
you know. the kinetic cannons would look good if they were at 45 degree angles, since they are in a triangle like shape away from the core, they would look good facing outwards from the ship. you don't have to do this. just a personal opinion[/quote]
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The middle of the ship is a bit cluttered, althought that could be just me. You could also beef up the neck area, it's a bit lacking compared to the rest of the ship.
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Imaillusion wrote:The middle of the ship is a bit cluttered, althought that could be just me. You could also beef up the neck area, it's a bit lacking compared to the rest of the ship.
I don't see too much clutter there. After all, I tried to make it look like a big-ass engine section. The sides of the center area however is where I think the clutter is, though I'm not really to sure about that.
As for the neck, I think maybe one or two more sections on each side could do the trick.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Looks seriously messy around the edges, but the internal detailing is well done. The green clashes heavily with the blue, though. The color scheme overall seems rather... fruity?
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

By the edges, you mean the green parts right?

Also, "fruity" how?
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Right, so I've gone out of my way to make something new for you all. Presenting here, a Shipyard.

NOTE: The Shipyard itself has yet to be fully colored. I tried adding some color depth but there is still work to be done here.

The back section of the shipyard is for ships to dock and receive repairs. It can also be used to load supplies onboard ships, just like its being done to the armed cargo ship on the very back. The sides serve a similar purpose except that they are limited to merely resupplying and providing a safe haven for docking. I might chance that though by adding some long, thing section across to make it so that they become smaller construction modules for frigates and stuff. Also allow for ship reconstruction instead of having to make a line for the main construction bay to rebuild them. They'd still be able to provide resupply and docking though. Need opinions on that.
As can be seen, a Borges Heavy Assault Destroyer is on its final stages of construction while a new Mercer Fire-Support frigate is supplied for its maiden voyage. Present are two of DVL's frigates as well.
In total, the shipyard itself has the capability to build a small cruiser, and probably a battlecruiser should the repair area be dedicated to that task.
A few months later we've got a new Shipyard where the previous one had been.

Some moron thought it would be funny to play with the ammo.
Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Post by Nabaco »

Off topic: Unless you changed your enemies' colour to green, I think the idiots are in your own ships :lol:
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

With his last comment, it sounded like it was an accident.
Or was it?

PS: I like the shipyard.
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

I like this ship yard. Bit cluttered, but that's okay. I quite like how you've made robotic arm-like weiding/reparing sections on the sides.

Only problem is that only the middle has light shades of grey. Because this is a large ship, and doesn't follow the shape of most other ships, you could shade some of the outer sections as well, to highlight them. At the moment, the only part of the ship I'm focusing on is the centre, meaning my focus is drawn away from the other parts of the ship
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Soooooo, I expanded the shipyard. Alot.

Remember how I said I would make it so that the repair bays became full-on construction/supply/repair bays? Well, that translated into this. Those four additional bays can build ships up to the size of a frigate or even a really small destroyer. There are some details I'd like to point out.

-Command Stations: Look at the very center of the shipyard and you'll see a DST section commonly used as a bridge. That is the primary command station which supervises the construction of ships on the main construction bay. On the arms connecting the other bays you'll see that same section. These are secondary stations which coordinate the construction, repair and resupply of ships on the four new bays. Two per each.

-Supplies: See the multiple cylinders spread throughout the shipyard? Ship parts, supplies and ammo is stored on all of them.

-Transport Docks: As you can see, there are two shuttles docked with the shipyard. Nothing much with that, just a place for people to leave or be dropped off.

I am certain I overdid it with this shipyard. I know this because it won't load in-game, which means I reached the limit of sections the game accepts that I once read about here.