Sazabi's Custom Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Sazabi's Custom Ships

Post by Sazabi »

So I've decide to jump on that bandwagon and ride 'er hard! So if I'm going to make more ships. I thought well it'd be better to make a single thread for all of them like everyone else, but

AVERT YE EYES IF THOU DOTH NOT WISH TO VIEW FAIL

Well here I go

First up will be

Penitus Universum(A cool name is always required)

Unarmed

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!(I have yet to add CIWS and other major weapons.)

I took the advice from my previous ship Nex and built a smaller one. I'm still getting a feel for what parts I like so I used Mecha Parts to build this one. O THE FAIL!!!!!! Also went for a little first time glowin! Went for some color layering to. Another first for me, AND ITS NOT BLACK. ITS CLOSE, BUT NOT BLACK! But I can't help but feel the ship is a tad cluttered with parts. D:

Also I thank you all for the help finding the weapon sprites. THANK YOU!
Last edited by Sazabi on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Killerhurtz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Killerhurtz »

I like them, save for a few things:

The color layering. I don't know what you were aiming for, but I think it would have went better if you switched it around, darker around the edges.

The engine flares, you could have used some custom glows/parts (like the Fraxy ones there's in the custom content forum).

And finally, I think the orb core looks off on these ships, you should cover it.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4877&sid=a65b99b8d45e05a86855bac94c96278c]My ships, be sure to have a look and leave comments![/url]
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

The Color layering was white lower, darker higher. I'll reverse it and see what its like.

The Core Orb yeah you're right. It seems to stand out.

Reversed color with Covered Core.

Dear god recoloring that was hard. Almost had to take apart the ship.
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Yeah Saz, I recommend you get the custom exhausts. And also the Shields if you haven't, 'cause they are simply cool. And work well.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

Took out the engine glows in the rear and replaced them with booster custom exhausts also added some more DAKKA

Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

You got it wrong, light colors on top and dark ones on the bottom.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
dgms17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dgms17 »

Corporal Jomn wrote:You got it wrong, light colors on top and dark ones on the bottom.
Personally I think you should work it out this way and not listen to Corporal Johm. You should use a greater variety of dark and light colors.
Say it is a ship that came from a different dimension (which explains the swapped dark and light colors).

This is gonna be interesting.
I know I should first get the log out of my own eye before putting it into someone else's.

For instance: I should change my signature.
Bomen zijn relax
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

Corporal Jomn wrote:You got it wrong, light colors on top and dark ones on the bottom.
Check the third post.....

On a another note. I opened up my shipmaker to something strange. I think it glitched or something because I had the seperate color scheme saved as a sperate ship file, but when I opened my Pentius Universum. I had this ship saved there. Which is strange because I made the Pentius Universum saved file AFTER I did the recolor only making it when I added CIWS and addition weapons. D:

The ship that came out.

Edit:I figured out why it changed. Because I changed the ingame color of my ships to white as a starting color.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Sazabi's Custom Ships

Post by Sazabi »

SURPRISE I'M BACK WITH FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL! I SHALL WIN THE LOVE OF SERAPH

Longinus Class FAD Fast Attack Destroyer

Enth E Nd Sniper Destroyer

I'll post some gifs of the Enth tomorrow, when I can see straight.
Last edited by Sazabi on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Sazabi wrote:SURPRISE I'M BACK WITH FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL. I SHALL WIN THE LOVE OF SILVER WIN!
Who?

Anyway you were doing right with this: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/ ... een016.png

But you went back to square one with this: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/ ... een022.png

Mainly that you made everything on the inside black and only made the outside white on that 2nd one. It doesn't look good. It's One of the reasons why your first few ships didn't look that good. Go back to what you were doing with the first link I put up there.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

Gifs added I'll be recoloring them now, also anyway to take gifs shots in the game? I searched around and only got information for shipmaker.

After recolor This one I did on my own

I remember that in that first link I had changed my ingame color to get that scheme, so I recreated it here but changing my ingame color to white. Now I'm working on my own recolor.

How I recolored it
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

With the last ship, the shading is around the wrong way. You make the centre the brightest so that the viewers look there first, and then their focus expands outwards as the sections get darker. Having the lightest sections beng the outermost sections is confusing, you don't know where to look
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

You just fail at shipbuilding in general. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but so far nothing you've made is really any good at all and you need to perhaps start with smaller things, as it's not easy to make very large ships using SWA sections even for experienced shipbuilders. A few tips:
  • If you want to give the ship a sense of depth, the MIDDLE of the ship should always be brightest, fading darker towards the edges, and then you can add brighter bits on the edges which can be raised armor plates or whatever.
  • Don't just slap down sections randomly all over the place. It's ugly. Pick your sections carefully, use them wisely, try to develop internal as well as external details, and where possible, try to make it so sections seemlessly flow together, so it looks like the ship came in one piece and isn't just a bunch of smaller pieces thrown together. This last bit takes a lot of practice, but can make your ships look a lot better, for obvious reasons.
  • Be consistent with your section usage. Have curvy round ships with chunks of solid, blocky brickish bits inside looks horrible.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

Anna wrote:You just fail at shipbuilding in general. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but so far nothing you've made is really any good at all and you need to perhaps start with smaller things, as it's not easy to make very large ships using SWA sections even for experienced shipbuilders. A few tips:
  • If you want to give the ship a sense of depth, the MIDDLE of the ship should always be brightest, fading darker towards the edges, and then you can add brighter bits on the edges which can be raised armor plates or whatever.
  • Don't just slap down sections randomly all over the place. It's ugly. Pick your sections carefully, use them wisely, try to develop internal as well as external details, and where possible, try to make it so sections seemlessly flow together, so it looks like the ship came in one piece and isn't just a bunch of smaller pieces thrown together. This last bit takes a lot of practice, but can make your ships look a lot better, for obvious reasons.
  • Be consistent with your section usage. Have curvy round ships with chunks of solid, blocky brickish bits inside looks horrible.

Why Thank, though I used the opposite colors on purpose, but its clear its not working so. I'll go back to the norm, it sounds like a challenge I'll take this tips and build a better ship.
Sazabi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sazabi »

Taking SilverWing's words into account, I've started work on a new Cruiser placing parts carefully and using the same types of parts.

Looking to make it a bit wider. around the mid-ship and stern that has yet to be built.
Last edited by Sazabi on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.