Zaran Federation fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Zardian wrote:filesmelt seems to be having some problems -.-
Filesmelt got DDOS'd a while back.

These are pretty good. The Cerberus has a very uncanny smoothness near the front middle, well done.

The Kraken has a 1 px overlap near the front.

Some general clutter dashed here and there, but pretty well done overall. However, you should consider trying using sprites other than Mecha.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Personally I don't like the colours your using, those dark brownish sections clash too much with the really light grey. Either darken the grey or lighten the brown. I also agree with Lactose, you should really use a larger variety of sections, not take all of them out of one section folder.

Apart from that... yeah, they're really good ships.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

2 ships that have nothing to do with the previous ones, just something i came up with:
allso tweaked Cerberuses weapon systems a little to make valkyr more valuable as a capital killer, now only 2 light kinetics can fire straight forward and missile batteries changed to light.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

That first ship on that last post is really good, nice usage of sections, good detail, and it basically screams "badass". Make more ships like that.

The ship after that... not so good. Bad usage of sections, lacks detail, screams "booooring". Don't make ships like that
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

BUMPY NEW SHIP
---------------------

added Nidhug, a battlecruiser, C&C pls.
the fleet is still on page 1 so go there to see it.

hp and other values changed to somewhat match the stock stuff
(pretty much means one 0 out of all dmg and hp values)

edit: just came to mind, do you guys like wanna test these?
should i add a download?
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

I like the back part of that latest ship. Good use of sections, nice shading, nice detail. However, I don't like the front of the ship, it seems a bit brickly. And I don't like how there is like a sort of indent in the front (see how there are two mirrored sections at the front that has a little gap in between, showing the section underneath? Don't like that)

Those glows are also a bit random, but that's okay.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

okay seriously, am i doing something wrong or why is it my thread seems to get one or two comments untill it dies before i make another ship which gets another couple comments etc.
seriously?
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

It's only been a day, and besides uni/college students have now been slapped in the head with the end of a study week / break week.

That being said, the new Nidhug is consistent with the rest of your ships other than the grander scale, so what has already been said about the preceding vessels of that line still applies and does not require reiterating:

Good application of section usage, colour, and detail. Still think the random glows appear to placed as an afterthought, other than the middle on in the front. Solid shipbuilding, good to see building progressively larger ships do not cause a drop in the quality of your designs.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Zardian wrote:okay seriously, am i doing something wrong or why is it my thread seems to get one or two comments untill it dies before i make another ship which gets another couple comments etc.
seriously?
Nothing really different with that, some of my posts have gone ignored for a while. It's a pretty small community, so don't be too suprised if there aren't many replies. It's mostly because posters don't have much else different to say, apart from what they've already said.

To me, these ships are pretty decent, but there's still enormous clutter as the ship begins to develop arms. The base of the ships are done well. but there isnt' anything nessecarily eye-catching. The style is okay, but there's mostly only mecha sprites. I've seasoned my ships with a good mix of Verm's Generic sprites, Kaelis' DST sprites, some TSA here and there, and some mecha/gnr_sw. Difference is the spice of life, they say :cool: . It'll may take a while before you find your building "niche" (it took me 7 pages), before you grab people's attention.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Also posting downloads of ships tends to make me give more comments. The second ship's shape catches my eye but it seems very incomplete. The first one is interesting but too much mecha/detailing for my taste.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

well, i added a download to page 1 below the ships.
thanks for the comments, i know the newer designs pretty much repeat eachother, i just couldnt come up with anything new that'd fit the fleet.
ill try doing that in my next ship.
meanwhile, go blow things up with my ships or blow them up with yours. :wink:
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Well I really like the ships especially the way you used horsemonsters sprites on the nidhug. I like the exhasts on the hoplite too. One thing i noiticed is you used sprites from both kae_mecha-sw and kae_mechasw, which seem to be the same, thus further crowding our harddrives. Could be wrong

As for the fight, i had a hard time finding ships with hp that low for how big they are, and they suffer from lack of point defense. Other than that, a good battle. They put out a lot of firepower, though the beams are so short as to be useless, and they didn't come appart easily even agaisnt greater firepower. maybe need a bit more refinement but definitly a fleet to be proud of!
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

All right so i downloaded your ships Zardian good work they seem a little underpowered. But that's not a big deal.

But what i would really like to say is i tried to spawn a Wasp using the Kraken and i get this message saying "invalid ship file."

And "ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object ShipDeployer:

Error in code at line 13:
obj.speed = l_special2

at position 14: Cannot assign to the variable."

So can anyone help with this. I know i am asking in the wrong sub-forum but it would be appreciated if someone can give me a little help. Thanks.
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

sorry, my fault, i had the old filepath for the wasp on the krakens bays, new download added to fix that.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

Zardian wrote:sorry, my fault, i had the old filepath for the wasp on the krakens bays, new download added to fix that.
Thank you and keep up the good work with you ships. :)