Yeah I know you all hate me, but..

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Yeah I know you all hate me, but..

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Alright I started ship building again and decided to find a better ship style for me, so I`m trying to find what would be a good style for me.

Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

We don't hate you. We just hate those who downplays our criticism and continues to make crappy ships, and then complains that everyone is mean.

First off: aegis spam. it's hideous and can make an okay-looking ship a rival of medusa.

second, your section usage, style or not, is poor. Hollow hulls simply aren't the craze in the shipbuilding realm. Besides, depthing is highly suggested as it will make your ships beefier. Also consider coloring.

One good thing: No weapon spam.

Final suggestion: use SWA sprites
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Do you guys think I should keep the colors? Green and Grey?
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

Green and gray are ok, the aegis just makes it glow way too brightly. Also, you should probably turn off your glow in BSF (by setting it to black), so that the gray looks truly gray, rather than kind of a light brown. That will also prevent you from getting weird boxes around your ships when using the SWA-style sections.
halofreak759
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by halofreak759 »

try using fake aegis to get rid of the lines.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I actually like the look of these, they are interesting and different, but going for a fake agis with a lower brightness thing going on would look a heck of a lot better, and make your ships more playable.
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Alright thanks I have just made a ship last night. (Inspired by a cloud :roll: ) And tried using some of the SWA parts, Here it is:

I couldn't get the boxes to go away, I tried turning off the glow and the shimmer but it didn't work...
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Again, the Aegis. It looks ugly. The bright sunlight doesn't help either. Also, you don't turn off glows, you set glow to black. That should do it.

If it didn't have aegis, it would be marginally better. It has a bunch of random, jumbled parts, and it doesn't really look like a coherently thought out ship. It looks like a welded-together junkyard. Looks like your cloud didn't translate too well into a ship.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oh dear.

I usually tend not to generalize but...these ships are all the same. They're sloppily constructed. The outlines are jagged, the internals are a mess. The colors don't match and the aegis looks like absolute shit. Subtlety is obviously not your best point.

Constructively I'd say to start all over again. Pay attention to the internals and the outline, and not just to the shape. Don't do internal aegis unless you're capable of using it in an aesthetically pleasing way, to simulate a reactor for example. As I said, subtlety is important in this aspect.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apache1990 »

apache1990 wrote:Also, you should probably turn off your glow in BSF (by setting it to black), so that the gray looks truly gray, rather than kind of a light brown. That will also prevent you from getting weird boxes around your ships when using the SWA-style sections.
And before you continue with that style of section, you'll definitely want to do this, heh. Putting the ship over the sun helped a bit in hiding the blocks that show up, but if you do this, they'll go away entirely.
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Alright what do you think? Its more of an alien, human style mix.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Angles clash, sections are too dark, and hide the parenting lines. It's very jagged, with bad holes.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

Alright more of a middle class cruiser.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Lighter colors is the next thing.
If you can barely see the thing on a black background its too dark.
halofreak759
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by halofreak759 »

Some light grey would be nice if not that will just be too dark.