Seiya's Work - Ookami reskinning update

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

A little too dark. Lighten up the grey a bit.
seiya
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiya »

I am done with geometry. All I need to do now is decide if I want to put weapons on it. Note that all the dark red patches are team color spots.

My name isnt from Saint Seiya. I have never seen the show and never plan to.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Very impressive work for a new member. Section repetition around the back irks me a bit, but the red highlights are pretty well done.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Unless that red glow is teamcolor as well, I'm feeling that they'd clash terribly with anything that isn't dark-red. Might as well just make it dark red permanently.
seiya
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiya »

I have been somewhat quite the last few days because I have decided that I want to stop using other people's work and make my own sections. This decision came about as I started to work on smaller craft to support my big ship, now called the Ookami. This brought some facts to mind really quick, first, there are only a few pieces that I really like, and two that there are certain types of sections that are rare. First the two support ships for the Ookami.

Oni:
This ship is meant to surround the Ookami and offer fire support/AA support. Its big guns turn slowly though and its light pulse guns are only capable of harassing smaller ships. The big twin autocannons pack a punch if they hit. Those ships that are foolish enough to approach close head-on get a nasty surprise when the forward facing shortrange beam cannon comes online.

Yokai:
Knowing the weakness of the Oni and Ookami to small ships, the Yokai is built to offset these disadvantages. Armed only with a pair of blasters and particle gun AA, it cannot stand in the front line of a fight. But for keeping smaller ships off the back of the big guns, it does its job well.

Anyways, the look I am going for my new parts is something like this:
seiya
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiya »

Double post, FTL.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/BFS_Seiya_Ookami_parts.zip
http://filesmelt.com/dl/BFS_Seiya_Ookami.shp

I figured posting the files for this monstrosity would be worth it though. I am not doing anymore work on it until I get the new custom parts finished. The transformation is set to the slash (/) key. It has one weapon which is a spinal mount gun of pain. If you can get it to line up and fire, it will pretty much destroy any section and most ships in seconds. Have fun
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I like that part, I think you should definitely release some in that style. I could do alot with that.
seiya
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiya »

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. In order to get the look I am going for, I have been needing to make up to 3 times as many parts as I used before. I hope once I get to sections with less movement, the number will drop. Oh well, I have been distracted the last few days, but here is where things stand right now.

With everything extended.

With things retracted:

I need to get details on the wing parts and make some superstructure for the wings so it has some to connect to and retract along. Oh well. Just will goad me on to make the whole superstructure for the thing. Not going to say this will be fun, but it should be an education.

It also illustrates how I am going through and trying to make things look the same, but with completely new parts.
seiya
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiya »

Well, as I had said before, I may have bit off a lot when I decided to redo the Ookami with custom sprites. Here is where things stand for the moment.

As you can see, it is only the front that is done so far. I am still debating on final coloring and looks. There are a few pieces that need to be redone. Mainly the front middle section that I have already done 3 times and expect at least twice more.

I do not have a pic of the closed up position due to (you can see it a bit at the left) the section that slides forward still being Kaelis sections. They will get replaced in the next day or two I think unless something comes up again.

Shading aside, let me know what you think of the direction I am going.