Fresh ships for new year.... -SW Stockships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HamanoKinji
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Fresh ships for new year.... -SW Stockships

Post by HamanoKinji »

Alright, so I'm back after a few weeks (or months maybe) of studying,

school actually, so my ships are still a bit of a newbie or worse than my

previous ships... so... take a look at these and see if they're any good...

StarHQ
this is my Station, it has hidden ShipDeployers meant to give out a barrage of ships for a space war with my brother.

Gradius
This is somewhat a scratch made out of boredom... thought it looked a bit nice so i included it here...

Venomancer -brother
A virus spreading ship, that's what my brother defined it.

VigilanteFlame
A flamer ship I made for my brother... since he likes fire and stuff..

StarGladiator
One of the ships that the StarHQ spawn... it's the best looking ship among the spawns...

Unnamed -brother
an unnamed ship made by my brother... he's getting better with his ship crafting i think...

EnigmaV2 -brother
After the heart breaking criticism of his previous BattleCruiser... he made a version 2 of the Enigma... now he really done it...

SW-EOS
a ship wright version of the EOS... though i thought of adding some doodads and 2 more plasmas... and some fraxy sprites...

And here are three more SW-ized basic ships made by my brother...

Cronus

Hestia

Peitho

UPDATE:
These are my Conversions:

Helios

Enyo

Hecate

Questions:
1. How can i adjust the timing of doodads? changing the starting index doesn't seem to change it... i tried 1-1000 and still no change... can someone explain how does this work?

2.Did we both improve from this one? http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4798

3.How can i make animated GIFs of a ship?
Last edited by HamanoKinji on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o414/valkyrion22/Pivots/Signature.png[/img]
apache1990
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Fresh ships for new year.... by Hamano

Post by apache1990 »

1. How can i adjust the timing of doodads?

Change the starting index to numbers between 0 and 1. So .5 starts it halfway done, etc.

2.Did we both improve from this one? http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4798

I think so (I especially like the shape of the Unnamed, and the Gradius is just plain cool looking). The deployer station doesn't look too great, but it fulfills its purpose, no need to look totally awesome, heh.

The SWA stock ships are pretty good representations of the originals as well (too bad cores can't have custom sprites though).
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

My personal favorite is the Gradius. Very nifty looking ship.
I think that some of the colors you (er sorry...your brother) have used are eyeburn. Such as on the Unmanned...even if i do like those glows on the side...
the rest are pretty good, just nothing really jumps out at me too much
naysayers will be shot
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

I actually like the space station. It's alien-ish, weird, and gets the point across. The Gradius is pure awesomeness, showing skill in combining the right amount of sections in a small area without clutter. The virus ship is also pretty cute. What weapons does it sport? Weasels?

The Flamethrower ship shows less, and the StarGladiator is my least favorite. No more criticism needed on Enigma V1, coloring is bad. V2 is nice, actually. The glows are not overdone, and it flows o.k. (not really).

Good job on recreating the stock ships in SW, if I'm not mistaken, you are the first person to do so. (At least, you're the first that I've seen)
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
HamanoKinji
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HamanoKinji »

Thanks apache... that really helped... now I can make really identical SW stock ships...

and i didn't expect boredom could really make a ship that wasn't flamed...

the more i become serious at something... the more it sucks...
Silver Swordsman wrote:I actually like the space station. It's alien-ish, weird, and gets the point across. The Gradius is pure awesomeness, showing skill in combining the right amount of sections in a small area without clutter. The virus ship is also pretty cute. What weapons does it sport? Weasels?
to tell you frankly and honestly... he sucks at weapon modification... he uses megatachon, and drivers... the driver has a custom sprite... so it makes the bullet look bubbly... mega tachon is for a spreading virus... well that's about the weapons...

and thanks for your comment on my gradius... though it came from scratch.. it came out good....

i wonder how if i could have more time making the rest of the stock ships into SW...
[img]http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o414/valkyrion22/Pivots/Signature.png[/img]
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

to tell you frankly and honestly... he sucks at weapon modification... he uses megatachon, and drivers... the driver has a custom sprite... so it makes the bullet look bubbly... mega tachon is for a spreading virus... well that's about the weapons...
Just tell him to change it to weasels. They look and sound like bio-weaponry.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
HamanoKinji
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HamanoKinji »

Silver Swordsman wrote:
Just tell him to change it to weasels. They look and sound like bio-weaponry.
I did... and he think it doesn't so he used other weapons and found drivers looks like blobby shots when changed... I'll try to convince him though... since I agree with what you said...

EDIT:
I added more SW Stock Ships