Angels

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Angels

Post by InkFox »

they're part of the storyline I'm compiling, which will be posted some time after I get a computer that can support more than six ships at a time. ^-^

spoilers are censored so I don't ruin anything.

Raziel, Angel of Mysteries

A sentient super ship built by *censored* to house and protect *censored* over the millennia.
Though small and mildly armed for a 'super ship', Raziel is covered with billions of nanites that constantly repair and improve the ships hull and shield generators. He houses approximately four hundred 'Angel's, extremely agile fighter craft with weapons capable of taking down capital ships if applied en mass; and a jump drive that's ability is not yet understood (it's believed to power up in less than thirty seconds and travel between galaxies). Raziel also houses a data bank containing close to everything there is to know; this made him an extremely high priority target for *censored* when he discovered the ship was not a myth. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the hunting of this ship invoked intervention by the ship known as Michael, and then later the extermination of the *censored* race by the ship Uriel.

C&C maybeh pleez?

EDIT: zoomed in picture so c/cers can see better.

Michael, Angel of Death

The first constructed and second encountered of these ships; Michael fulfills his purpose as a machine of destruction incredible well. Like the other Archangels, Michael is covered with billions of tiny nanites, though because of the strength of his armor he rarely needs them (any force that can punch through it would punch through it faster than it could be repaired). Housing hundreds of Angels and the weapons only a behemoth of this size would deserve the ship has never fought an engagement where every opposing vessel either retreated by jump drive of was destroyed. He was discovered when *censored* attempted to corner Raziel with a jump drive dampening field; he jumped in just outside of the field and then traveled in on sublight before wiping out 63% of the assault fleet.

C&C?
I'm not exactly pleased with the stern, suggestions on how to fix? again there is a purpose to him being terran-styled, just go with it.

shipmaker view

Uriel, Angel of Justice

Possessing the standard repair systems is about the only thing standard about Uriel. He houses no close combat weapons, no point defense and no hangar bay. Instead Uriel is a ship who functions as a ground extermination / anti-capital ship attack platform. long range, high damage missile form Uriel's offensive weapons, using two high velocity particle cannons to finish off anything that gets close.

C&C?
I'm popping these out pretty quick so please keep pointing out the quirks.

now to go fix the side pods on Michael and finally upload Raziel's new pics.
Last edited by InkFox on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
halofreak759
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by halofreak759 »

I kind of prefer a bubble shield, not just covering certain sections but still thats just my thoughts the details of the ship looks nice though.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I'd have to agree, but for the sake of the story I have to have them this way; a fully aegis covered ship with four repair modules wouldn't be destroyable (oh man spoiler!); and this way you can get at the engines to immobilize it; give the attackers more time.
Last edited by InkFox on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

I like the shield generators and the glowy effects, but I think the hull needs work. You say that this is a "supership", but in my opinion, it looks rather weak and puny. For once, the hull needs to be thicker, and, from what I believe, this is a non-human ship? If I'm wrong, I stand corrected, but if so, perhaps you should try to get rid of the "terran" look of the hull.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

it does look a bit thin for a supership. Then again, fridge logic would dictate that all the money went into the shielding system and not the "beef-up the hull" part of designing the ship.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

argh so hard not to spoil things T.T

s'not fridge logic :P the hull is because the nanites constantly rebuild the hull to suit the weapons being used against it; currently it's being hunted by *censored* who have terran like ships and weapons.

And there's no budget when you're a... y'know I'll just let you find out. X)

I do understand your point in making it thicker or beefier, I'll make some revisions and let you know when I'm happy with them.
Kazutek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kazutek »

well, you could have specified that its has repair nanites :P

Otherwise, beefing up a ship is always a good/bad thing. Sometimes beefing it up may cause it to change its shape, or make it look weird, or even repetition and/or use of sections that break up the form and/or function of the interior.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Angels

Post by InkFox »

InkFox wrote: Raziel is covered with billions of nanites that constantly repair and improve the ships hull and shield generators
:P

Didn't think of that, but it's a good idea; I'll probably make it very evident when he starts interacting with multiple races at once.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Those shield are kinda cool. Ship is a bit cluttered but not bad. That turquoise glow in the middle of the ship looks misplaced. I would change the color to the color of the shields. Maybe you should flip the ship around (it might look like a little like a battlecruiser from SC)?
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I've fixed the glow color, not updating the pcis cause it's too much like work :P
I've flipped it, and it actually looks a bit better (or would with some touch ups), but it's difficult to keep it's functions coherent with the new design.

cluttered how though? any specific areas (sections/weapons)?
halofreak759
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by halofreak759 »

The guns on the front of the ship are pointed at each others looks kind of weird.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I see, I'll fix the shading so it's easier to see the sidepods are slightly lower than the body.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

Update, will post Raziel's modifications soon.
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

those side pod turrets look like small ships docked whit the Michael...

also is there a reason why the engines are pitch black?
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

No reason, I could make something up that it's especially heat resistant; but you have anything else in mind that might look good? I don't usually use the standard grey-scale personally, doesn't make it stand out enough.