Natch's custom weapon request/help topic!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Natch
Captain
Captain

Natch's custom weapon request/help topic!

Post by Natch »

Pretty simple. You either ask me to make you a custom weapon, or ask me to help you with an existing one.

If you ask me to make you one, tell me the details of what you're going for, and I'll see if I can pull it off.

If you want some help on it, just tell me what part is boggling your mind. I'll help find a way to deal with it.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Make me a plasma charge which blows up the world. >.>

And has small range.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

You mean makes a huge explosion? I'll see what I can do.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Plasmas, the only way to make the AoE bigger is to let the charge travel further. Simply upping damage will only... up the damage.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

He's the customer. I am going to try and make a weapon to his specifications.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Okay, I made your weapon Anarki!

I put it on a special test hull. Please note the secret to the weapon is to clone it many times on top of each other. However, it can still work(to an extent) with just one of it.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _World.sb2
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Lol, you actually created it. Now to put it on my bomb ship...

But that weapon was more of a joke. Here is a serious problem that I have.

I want to make a railgun with no penetration, but deals at least 8-15 damage to the first section. I guess if that no penetration is impossible, I could settle for very minimal damage to other sections, but does anyone know how to do this?
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Easy. Railguns pentrate one section per 15 damage they do. Just give the weapon 15 damage. Sometimes it will bleed through, it's the nature of the weapon, but it will be minimal amounts.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Its 15 on the first section, and 10 on subsequent sections
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Da_Higg wrote:Its 15 on the first section, and 10 on subsequent sections
Actually, 15 per section until the last (where it'll do 10, because it passes two, hitting them both for 15, and then the last 10 are spent on the 3rd) ;) Your math would have the default railgun skip three (rather than two) sections for 15, 10, 10 and deal all of 5 damage to the fourth section.

As per;

Code: Select all

Note: Pierces 3 objects. Does 15 damage to the first two and 10 to the last. Damages ship core for 100% damage if possible.

Modding Note: Increasing damage increases penetration. Example; 100-damage railgun penetrates 6 segments for 15 damage each and deals 10 to the last. (TormakSaber)

Modding Note: Reducing the damage to 15 or below does not entirely remove penetration, but very little damage will be dealt to the next section. On the other hand the maximum damage dealt to any section is 15 - any extra will pierce to the next section. (Wind Tempest)
The weapons and modules guide is filled with modding notes on purpose! :)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Ahh, so a 15 damage railgun will only penetrate a single section, and have no spill? Same with anything below 15?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anarki wrote:Ahh, so a 15 damage railgun will only penetrate a single section, and have no spill? Same with anything below 15?
...did you even read that? :roll:

Modding Note: Reducing the damage to 15 or below does not entirely remove penetration, but very little damage will be dealt to the next section. On the other hand the maximum damage dealt to any section is 15 - any extra will pierce to the next section. (Wind Tempest)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

That description is outdated. It does 15 (or whatever damage is left) damage to each component it hits (regardless of type) until it runs out of damage. It no longer has any special effect on cores or turrets.

The damage of 40 means that the rail gun does 15-15-10. The bolt is supposed to stop when it encounters a deflected section but the checking for that isn't perfect right now.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

But wouldn't it deal 15, 0, 0? Or would it be 13, 1, 1?
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

What? No there's no count for how many components it has hit. A railgun with 15 damage or less will only hit one component, no more.

You might think otherwise because you'll probably still see two hit effects, but that's just because the code for it is none too great at the moment.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]