Hazelwooders Ground Units : download added (yes it will lag)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Thanks to you, I've been inspired to make some infantry myself. yeah thanks now I have to get off my arse and do something.

Hurry up and get download. I want now.

EDIT: oh another idea would be a dropship which has a shipmaker which spawns say 6 infantry but never recharges, so it doesn't effectively make infantry
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:Thanks to you, I've been inspired to make some infantry myself. yeah thanks now I have to get off my arse and do something.

Hurry up and get download. I want now.

EDIT: oh another idea would be a dropship which has a shipmaker which spawns say 6 infantry but never recharges, so it doesn't effectively make infantry
haha, i can send you my weapon stats if you want so we can balance them with eachother.

download isnt coming for awhile yet, about the drop ship i didnt think about that but i was going to make an APC - with limited infantry

although prehaps when i get to air units i can make a plane that just drops infantry (with a recharge and that stays at a long distance from the battle.

i have afew more pics for you today

the start of my medium tank there is alot of repetition in this tank compaired to my last one but thats because im getting better at the tanks being destroyed in layers thing (it requires repetition on the armour level to do this).

from left to right 1st Layer Tracks, 2nd Layer Armour, 3rd Layer Turret.
ImageImageImage

4th Layer Finished Medium Tank (turret armour and finishing touches for armour layer)

(may change to light tank after balancing)
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

hazelwooder wrote: haha, i can send you my weapon stats if you want so we can balance them with eachother.
That wouldn't be too bad haha I've made my own heavy and light infantry. If you do send them I'll change the weapons to balance.
hazelwooder wrote: download isnt coming for awhile yet, about the drop ship i didnt think about that but i was going to make an APC - with limited infantry
I'll try with the dropship, maybe helicopters. Use the medium tank with less armour, a smaller turret and a door at the back.
hazelwooder wrote: although prehaps when i get to air units i can make a plane that just drops infantry (with a recharge and that stays at a long distance from the battle.
Parachutes. I know they'd be like impossible but they'd work great.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Update main post structured and organised.

god froggy wrote:That wouldn't be too bad haha I've made my own heavy and light infantry. If you do send them I'll change the weapons to balance.

I'll try with the dropship, maybe helicopters. Use the medium tank with less armour, a smaller turret and a door at the back.

Parachutes. I know they'd be like impossible but they'd work great.
i will send them, my girlfriend has come back today and i have work tomorrow so i will be slowing down on creating more of these, so im glad i have inspired you to make them, i suggest you start up a post so i can see your units, doesn't matter if you don't have many just update it as you make more.

dropship sounds cool, i decided against making a helicopter for the moment because i remember seeing someone who made one ages ago,

i might make a light tank using slightly stripped medium tank armour with a different turret, but the APC im going to make with a seperate base (6 or 8 wheels prehaps).

As for parachutes i don't think they will be impossible i might give them a try.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

For the weapons, I will make my own but scale them to be just as good as yours instead of just using them. Screenshotswon't come for a while sadly as I have problems with them. A lot of problems. I will also try to work on a dropship.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Whoa. I'm seeing some mad skills in the ability to make tanks. I really like how you show the layers.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

25000st wrote:Whoa. I'm seeing some mad skills in the ability to make tanks. I really like how you show the layers.
Siber wrote:First some basics. If you're posting a ship here, unless you state otherwise, you are seeking commentary of some sort. We will assume you want constructive critics. If you only want a pat on the back and can't stand being told where you can improve, say so. On the other side, if you are commenting on a ship I expect you to be constructive . Generic 'that's good' or 'I don't like it' posts are not greatly helpful to a person, but will not be an official offense at this point. Tearing down someone who has not earned it will be.
Copied from the rules here
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Rules are easy enuf to read.
So doing so keeps Arca from busting your balls, or Kae from chopping you into noodles. </exaggeration>

Im liking how these *ships* are looking, they keep to the base CnC3 designs rather well, although the turret on your medium tank should be a little wider and the treads should stick out slightly from under the sides of the armor to show that they actually are there.

Overall I like this idea, and would like to see it built up more.
As for the dropship idea setting the module to have 0 energy regen would do it, or if it couldn't take a 0 in there set it as low as possible and make the energy consumption around 1000000 and overall energy that or 6 times that depending upon if troops are singular or in squads.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

what's next? "Tanks forever"? :P

srsly though, loving the tanks; not one to vouch for the accuracy, but I've a undergrad in badassery, and I approve these vehicles.

Do however think you can up the sec usage; not that it makes them look bad just that I think it'd make them look better to have similar section all round. (specifically the sw sections vs the ds tech sections provide a weird combo)
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

god froggy wrote:
25000st wrote:Whoa. I'm seeing some mad skills in the ability to make tanks. I really like how you show the layers.
Siber wrote:rules
I don't understand this. Are you implying his comment wasn't appropriate? Or did it say something else and get edited?

I don't mind the repetition; its not always a bad thing as long as it is done well. Plus you added detail on top of that which is what matters, and actually a good method in itself. Not a fan of the mecha sections towards the back. From a distance they looked ok but I think you could do better with more smaller sections as details. Also, what are the pieces on the very front supposed to be?

*edit* No one is backseat modding, and referencing the rules is what that thread you just referenced says to do :roll: Besides generic one liners are the vets purview, as you just demonstrated.
Last edited by jwa8402 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

god froggy wrote:
Siber wrote:First some basics. If you're posting a ship here, unless you state otherwise, you are seeking commentary of some sort. We will assume you want constructive critics. If you only want a pat on the back and can't stand being told where you can improve, say so. On the other side, if you are commenting on a ship I expect you to be constructive . Generic 'that's good' or 'I don't like it' posts are not greatly helpful to a person, but will not be an official offense at this point. Tearing down someone who has not earned it will be.
"I really like how you show the layers"

Is a constructive comment genius. . .

On side note. I really like the style you have going its a nice functional somewhat utilitarian one which i like though it has some repetition in areas (not the treads) which could be improved upon.

And look you broke a rule in doing so. dumb noobs
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Homer wrote:"I really like how you show the layers"

Is a constructive comment genius. . .
Actually it's not, it's just praise. Constructive commentary would be "<x> looks okay, but I think you could make it even better if you did <y>".

If I hear one more post about this, everyone involved is going to get a warning for backseat modding, understand?

As for you, god froggy, you are to stop making so many borderline-inane posts - this thread has some particular examples of them. Slow down and take some time to get to know the forums a bit better. Post some ships. You're making a fool of yourself.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

These are some truely awesome work. Blocky, yes, but very fitting for your purpose. They all fit together in style and function just as well, There's repetition, but used so that it all meshes together. Keep working with this!

Btw, either you've been merging sections, or that i'm falling in love with your computer :oops: .
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Arc, sorry it's just what it said in the rules, to reference them to the right one instead of 'attacking them' and backseat modding. So I don't see what everyone has a problem with.

Sure, I should have posted some ships, but if you read the rest of the topic first you'd have realised I have made some ships but I can't upload them due to problems with screenshots.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:For the weapons, I will make my own but scale them to be just as good as yours instead of just using them. Screenshotswon't come for a while sadly as I have problems with them. A lot of problems. I will also try to work on a dropship.
i have posted the DPS of my tanks and their weapons on the front page if you want to try to balance to mine.
showing the layers isnt really my idea i was inspired by vVhorpaxs ships just you notice it more because i post all layers at once.
Silverware wrote: Im liking how these *ships* are looking, they keep to the base CnC3 designs rather well, although the turret on your medium tank should be a little wider and the treads should stick out slightly from under the sides of the armor to show that they actually are there.

Overall I like this idea, and would like to see it built up more.
As for the dropship idea setting the module to have 0 energy regen would do it, or if it couldn't take a 0 in there set it as low as possible and make the energy consumption around 1000000 and overall energy that or 6 times that depending upon if troops are singular or in squads.
yeah i was thinking that myself about the turret on my tank i need to make it wider in the middle, i might change it to a light tank (which is what i built it as to begin with) - change the turret slightly and make a new medium tank or just make a new turret for it from scratch. i would love to have the treads sticking out slightly but the problem with doing that is it defeats the purpose of my armour layer because the treads get destroyed first meaning when the armour gets destroyed there is nothing there.

im not doing a dropship myself im have loads of ideas atm so i will be working on those first.
InkFox wrote:what's next? "Tanks forever"? :P

srsly though, loving the tanks; not one to vouch for the accuracy, but I've a undergrad in badassery, and I approve these vehicles.

Do however think you can up the sec usage; not that it makes them look bad just that I think it'd make them look better to have similar section all round. (specifically the sw sections vs the ds tech sections provide a weird combo)
i wouldnt mind tanks forever

an undergrad in badassery sounds good i should have done that instead of architecture lol.

problem is i don't just use 1 set i go through the whole list until i get to something i think will go, i have noticed afew sections don't go that well because some have more detail than others but i usually cover that up in the end with more detail, i will give it ago using similar sections.

jwa8402 wrote:
I don't mind the repetition; its not always a bad thing as long as it is done well. Plus you added detail on top of that which is what matters, and actually a good method in itself. Not a fan of the mecha sections towards the back. From a distance they looked ok but I think you could do better with more smaller sections as details. Also, what are the pieces on the very front supposed to be?
yeah i figured covering up repetition with detail breaks it up enougth, i just assume armour on a tank would all be pretty generic and the same so thats why i did it like that. not sure what part you mean the mecha sectons towards the back, but if they look ok from a distance thats ok, i may add some more detail to my medium tank or change it all together anyway, the turret is changing i know that.

the pieces at the front are armour, i added them simply because it got torn appart when assaulted from the front (by my mammoth), i added them after i have finished it, i might change that then.

Homer wrote: On side note. I really like the style you have going its a nice functional somewhat utilitarian one which i like though it has some repetition in areas (not the treads) which could be improved upon.
I will try to cut down the repetition or just cover it up with more detail ontop, its hard to do when making tanks (the armour mainly).
LactoseTolerant wrote:These are some truely awesome work. Blocky, yes, but very fitting for your purpose. They all fit together in style and function just as well, There's repetition, but used so that it all meshes together. Keep working with this!

Btw, either you've been merging sections, or that i'm falling in love with your computer :oops: .
:)

Thank you, I am going to keep working with this, going to make an opposing faction after I have finished with this one then perhaps some missions. Im off to rework my medium tank I think now anyway.

I have merged afew sections but that was on my mammoth tank and the treads that are made of 2 sections on medium tank. But no I can't be bothered to merge sections, I would if there was a shipmaker section merger so I am sorry your falling in love with my computer.