Pangean fleet uploaded (at last)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Uploading on the Custom Ship Database, and if same names overwrite previous entries?
I have no clue. I don't even use it. :P

My guess would be "No" though. Otherwise you'd have your stuff being constantly overwritten by newer people uploading, no? Some names are quite common.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Oh, to the database, ok. No, I believe it will not even LET you overwrite old files. I seem to remember having to rename a file because it won't let you use the same name. However with all the custom sections in use, you usually have to use filesmelt or some such server to fit everything anyway. Regardless, its a smart idea to rename a ship every time you upload a new version, even if its just adding an a, b, c, etc. Helps us keep track of whether changes have been made or not.

Does that answer what you were trying to figure out or are we still not understanding what your asking?
Dingo
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Dingo »

Answered perfectly thanks
when it comes to puter stuff its ME that doesn't usually get it :)
42 & spent most my adult life 'keeping the world safe for democracy'
so I'm still new to the digital age.
a lot of the terminology used here is familiar, but seems to have slightly different meaning
as for stuff a 5yo would know
most 5yos know a lot more bout puters than I do
Walk softly & carry a five tera-watt blaster